VC Encore refurb

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

schwaggly

Burning Hunk
Sep 23, 2009
n.shore ma
I picked this up from Craigslist. The doors open but everything else is stuck. Glass is shot. It was outside and full of water. The wife doesn't want it so I plan on flipping it if anyone is interested. I don't know much about it.

_20171007_121936.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
That may have best value as scrap metal.

No offense my man, but we regularly scrap encores that are in much better condition than that one. It is not worth spending money on. Your looking at a lot of money to put the parts in it, probably near $800 considering the glass is bad too. I’m Also concerned about the integrity of the stove, since it set out in the rain. It should be torn down for a complete rebuild. Scrap it!

Put it outside for an outdoor fire pit/stove, at best.

It would be one ugly yard ornament in no time! It’s worth about $30 for scrap metal.

It would be one ugly yard ornament in no time! It’s worth about $30 for scrap metal.
I usually have one sitting out back as an outdoor heater cooker etc. They last a year or two before they start to look to bad. Then they get scrapped. There is no shortage of burnt out vc's to be had for free.

Reactions: webby3650
Ouch! I'm going to work on the paint and not put too much money into it. Thanks for the information.

Ouch! I'm going to work on the paint and not put too much money into it. Thanks for the information.
Its not paint it is enamel and there is not much that can be done to it. The only options to fix it are blast it all off and paint or blast it off and have it re enameled. Neither are cheap options.