VC Rebuild

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Turf fire

Hearth Supporter
Nov 18, 2007
Michigan
I was wondering if anyone has a copy of the rebuild instructions for a VC Defiant built in 1977. This was when they had to re-engineer the single piece fire-back into the two piece. The instructions came with a rebuild kit which included everything to change the stove to the new design. As close as I can recall this would have been about 1980. Naturally I kept the instructions right were I could put my hand on it if I ever needed to rebuild it again.....Right. After all these years I have to replace the base and the two piece fire-back. It seems like everybody I talk to at the various VC dealers were just kids when my stove was built and all they can offer is to download a owners manual from the VC web site. I would feel a lot better if I had the instructions to refer to as this will be a complete tear down.

Thanks for any help.

Status
Not open for further replies.