Vent Project Complete!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

StormPanic

Oct 16, 2012
Merrimack Valley, MA
So I finally finished my venting project. After being informed that running a straight vertical vent from my basement where my stove is to my upstairs main living area was a violation of the fire code, I was still determine to get more of the warm toasty air from my stove upstairs to where the actual people are. Ended up using a 24" square drop ceiling intake register, 240 CFM Panasonic Whisperquiet Fan, a bunch of flexible duct, and of course some duct tape. The result is great. Was already getting good heat upstairs through the stairwell, but now its much more distributed. Thanks to everyone who kept me from violating the fire code and voiding by home insurance!

Attachments

• ventdrop.jpg
    ventdrop.jpg
    132.9 KB · Views: 135
  • fan.jpg
    fan.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 132
Thanks to everyone who kept me from violating the fire code and voiding by home insurance!
And Thank YOU...for posting the pics! Stay warm.

Status
Not open for further replies.