Vent question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

spruce232

Mar 5, 2014
ohio
Sorry I do not have a picture....

I need to move /redo my vent on my pellet stove, the problem is I'm not sure what brand of pipe I have.

I installed the stove 3 years ago. the venting is 3" pipe with an internal seal and the pipe has a worm gear clamp built into one end.

Anyone know what type of vent pipe this is ?

Had the wife take some pictures :)

14925460_10202371473566307_2026872111500984194_n.jpg 14563365_10202371472726286_7126056297942367682_n.jpg

Not 100% sure, but it looks like Excel Pellet Pipe.

OR..... does anyone know if different manufactures pipe will interchange. Can I use anyone 3" vent pipe to continue from what I have

They mate/connect differently, so you have to find the same brand and model. A few more pictures of the termination pipe should help identify it better.

Here is the link to Excel, you can see of the product matches what you have.

http://icc-chimney.com/en/excelpellet

Otherwise, find a dealer nearby and take the pipe there so they can identify.

I meant a picture of the termination cap with the grille at the end, what they call the jet cap - an outside view. But the gaskets sure look like Excel gaskets.

Possibly bdm biovent.

Edit. Nevermind biovent doesn't have dimples

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.