Venting problem

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

dhungy

Feeling the Heat
Jan 7, 2010
Fingerlakes
I bought my house 3 years ago and have yet to have a successful burning season with the small CDW federal airtight that came with house. Since I have been using it, it seems to favor the side vent. This past week when I have the vent open, smoke begins to leak out of areas that aren’t sealed like the corners. And the top of the front door. It seems as though all of a sudden my stove is not getting a good draft. The wood just smolders and smokes. The stove rear vents to the wall where it goes to a clay lined chimney. Chimney sweeper said it’s a great chimney with no issues. I tried opening a window with no change.

how old is your wood? how long did it sit stacked up?