Vermont Castings details via serial #?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

newjudd

Aug 28, 2022
Hudson Valley
Hi everyone!

I've just installed a Vermont Castings Resolute 1979 with serial number 944551. Can the serial number tell me the stove age? Or any other info?

Thanks!

Id generally avoid posting any information that is personal to you. Like serial number. Alot of manufacturers of different products (not necessarily stoves) allow you to order warranty parts just by giving a serial number and working with tech support over the phone. They use the serial number matching in their records as a means of authentication.

and I wouldnt post a picture either but that's just me. There was a lady in here that posted a picture of herself assuming, and then proceeded to show pictures of a very safe install, and a rather dismissive thought process / concern around the safety of their setup. Plausible deniability kinda goes out the window when you post public w/ your picture and are dismissive of the risks people warn them about. Not saying that's what you have going on, at all - BUT you see what Im saying I dont think it's as safe as not having a picture up. That's all. :)

Email vermont castings, they might help - or they may likely blow you off and tell you to talk to your dealer like they did to me. But they did answer me after I said the dealer doesnt know the answer to my question.

All of the early Resolutes have the 1979 date in the backplate. It is the mold's cast date. If you can post a picture of the stove we can narrow it down to whether it's a I, II, or III.