Vermont Castings Resolute Acclaim

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a downdraft stove with a big bypass door in upper rear. The combustion box (refractory) and arches are EXPENSIVE to replace, as are many VC parts. BrianVT made a combustion box some years ago for ~$90 but was quite labor intensive. It is quite a handsome stove. I can get 8 hours of usable heat and nice coal bed if I pack it fully (using top load feature). Dunno if I'd buy another used one - may apply that $ to a tube stove.

Reactions: BrowningBAR
Okay thanks. I not need something that will be expensive to fix.

I like to have a new stove but I will not buy any US Stoves!!!

Find out more about the Acclaim on CL. Age? Usage? Overfired? Get some pics sent. If it's just a few years old and light usage, would be a good deal. You may get 5-10 years out of it w/o needing expensive parts. They are ~$2000 at our dealer.

Status
Not open for further replies.