vigas boiler

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So.. you've had some cold weather to run it... how's it going?
I wouldn't say "cold" weather. But it is cold enough for me to have a excuse to get her fired up! I love this thing==c Worth all of the headaches of the install and worth every over budget penny :oops:

Insulated the tank this weekend so the basement isn't a sauna anymore. Now I have to chip away at insulating the pipes and installing my inverter. But it is done enough for me to keep the house nice and toasty!!!

Mine looks just like that.. except double the fun. Two nozzles in the bottom of the 60.

Just fired it up now. Spent the last two hours swearing at the wood chipper. I planned to just change the knives. They were fine.. but I THOUGHT I had a bad bearing. Got the flywheel out.. cleaned everything, unplugged some plugged up grease fittings.. re adjusted all the bed knives.. and away she goes.

JP

Ya the 60 would have been nice but I have a space limitation where I placed my boiler and I just couldn't get it to fit. And with my heat load, with storage, the 40 should work out just fine for me:cool:.

I probably could have gotten by with that too.. but it was close. when it was -10 my oil boiler ran 24 hours straight.. with a .85 nozzle. BUT.. it was 70% biodiesel. I'm figuring that the house was using 90k an hour.

Much more fun with wood than oil!

JP

Status
Not open for further replies.