Visitor checking out my stacks !

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Billybonfire

Feeling the Heat
Jul 6, 2012
Lancashire NW England.
Caught this guy checking out my stacks.

Photo0273.jpg

A feathered inspector of the tasty kind

He probably wants to know why you've stacked all that wood against the trees! ;)

He probably wants to know why you've stacked all that wood against the trees! ;)

Hi Dennis,
they're between old concrete fence posts, some shrubs infront, not a very good picture as taken quick on my phone and was a distance away.
Cold here now, overnight frosts but usually make crisp sunny days. :)
Hope you're feeling better, have a good weekend.

Billy.

Pheasant?

Yeah, there's quite a lot of them round here, some bred for shooting on local farms, safe here although I do sometimes go beating on a shoot on my friends farm.

Ringneck. Originally from China I think.
Stuffed & baked. Ummmm good.

Reactions: Billybonfire
I like them roast with bacon, mash potatoes and veg. :)
Edit.....or do I prefer roast potatoes ??? now thats a question I cant seem to answer.
2043110332_938a0f6194.jpg

Cool pic Billy. How much wood do you have stacked there? Nice work on that.

Cool pic Billy. How much wood do you have stacked there? Nice work on that.

Hi Gasifier,
think there's about 1.5 cords, in that stack, between fence posts 6'x4' single row, 8 stacks in total.
Got about 6 cords in total in all my stacks.
Only got a small stove (compared to you guys) so use about 2 cords per season.
Good to be ahead :).

Billy.​

no pheasant in these parts, come to think of it no partridge/roughed grouse either .....a few wild turkey but thats about it for game birds....oh yeah....doves ducks or geese but no upland game birds.

cass

Lots of geese round here Cass, one of my friends is a carrot farmer, the geese land on the fields and eat all the carrots left on the ground after harvesting.
Lots of other game too.
I dont shoot anymore but enjoy a days beating now and then, fresh air, exercise and good company, and a brace of pheasants to roast :).

we're located on the flyway so we get a lot of geese stopping over after the fall harvests.....lots like the corn or soybean fields. we didn't have many pheasants growing up in my area of upstate n.y., there were a few but most were raised and released prior to hunting season. sounds like your hunts were fun....and flavorful :)

cass

Status
Not open for further replies.