Visitors informing you of "dryer vent" on fire

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

aburress1223

Jan 10, 2011
Virginia
We live on a corner lot with the pellet vent on the street side of the house. We have had at least two instances of the door bell ringing with neighbors concerned with our dryer vent on fire. I love the fact that there are some people that are still concerned about there nighbors or fellow human beings. You can tell that upon explanation that they are a little stunned by the fact that it is a stove and usuallly explain that they were concerned. One of them was a new neighbor, we have been using the stove for three years so probably the other one was new to the area also and pellet stoves are not very common to this area yet. It helps to renew faith in humanity and that there are people who still care.

Nobody in MY neighborhood ever says that about my wood stove Chimney!! (lol)

-Soupy1957

Status
Not open for further replies.