VR gaming and woodstoves

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

OhioBurner©

Minister of Fire
Hearth Supporter
Aug 20, 2010
Center of Ohio
Anyone have experience with VR gaming? My son got one for Christmas and has said he's already bumped his head into the wall and also messed up the blinds on my X's patio door. I'm wondering if I am going to need to somehow protect the woodstove when he comes over since my tv is right above it...

This commercial and where they crash over the couch really comes to mind...
https://ispot.tv/a/A8qI

Anyone have experience with VR gaming? My son got one for Christmas and has said he's already bumped his head into the wall and also messed up the blinds on my X's patio door. I'm wondering if I am going to need to somehow protect the woodstove when he comes over since my tv is right above it...

This commercial and where they crash over the couch really comes to mind...
https://ispot.tv/a/A8qI
No need to do anything. He'll learn quickly enough.

Might cost you a trip to the emergency room, but probably no more harm than that unless he's wearing fleece or some other oil-derived artificial textile.

For the ultimate conclusion, rewatch the Matrix.

And, thanks, your post made me sad for you, your son, myself, and the future of the human race.

A bit harsh you think? Was suppose to be in jest but I know my sense of humor isn't so good, but to solicit that kind of negativity is not what I want to do, assuming you're not actually that negative of a person I'll ask the mods to delete the post.

No need to do anything. He'll learn quickly enough.

Might cost you a trip to the emergency room, but probably no more harm than that unless he's wearing fleece or some other oil-derived artificial textile.

For the ultimate conclusion, rewatch the Matrix.

And, thanks, your post made me sad for you, your son, myself, and the future of the human race.

A bit harsh you think? Was suppose to be in jest but I know my sense of humor isn't so good, but to solicit that kind of negativity is not what I want to do, assuming you're not actually that negative of a person I'll ask the mods to delete the post.
Sorry, to much #metoo lately I guess. As it was meant as a joke, thanks for clarifying. That said, mine was meant to be mostly funny, too. Goofy, dry, all sorts of senses of humor are good. This is our happy place, so, let's just do that.

Now that's settled, i'm going to go back to my virtual yule log on my tv and turn up the electric heat. It's cold outside!

Reactions: spirilis
I always get a kick out of that VR commercial, I remember seeing it often earlier in the year (though I in no way was interested in hot pockets or VR lol).
Well let me rephrase, on more of a serious note. I'll reiterate the first sentence, Anyone have experience with VR gaming? And add

Honestly I don't think the VR will fly at my house unless I build a pretty substantial metal jail around the stove. Its the PS4 VR thing, just clarify (tethered by wires to TV and PS4 unit). I have another living room but it is more formal and without tv, and has the other stove there anyhow. My sons bedroom though he has a very small tv there the room is a tight cape cod without much space so not going to really work there. I just think we'll have to exclude the VR from my house.

Reactions: Chuck the Canuck
Meanwhile in Maine . .. I recently fired up my old PlayStation 2 and started playing a 20-year old video game. Didn't realize it was that old until I looked at the date on the start up screen. #feelingold

Reactions: Woody5506
Put the game in the kid's room, and let them know that is the only place for it to be played. Let them break their own stuff.

Sorry, to much #metoo lately I guess. As it was meant as a joke, thanks for clarifying. That said, mine was meant to be mostly funny, too. Goofy, dry, all sorts of senses of humor are good. This is our happy place, so, let's just do that.

Now that's settled, i'm going to go back to my virtual yule log on my tv and turn up the electric heat. It's cold outside!

I saw that virtual yule log on dish network. Now THAT made me sad!

Reactions: Easy Livin’ 3000