Wait for Osburn Matrix Insert or look for a PE Neo 2.5?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

FireandBourbon

Oct 1, 2022
Plano, Tx.
December 2021, I purchased an Osburn Matrix 2000 from EverythingFireplaces.com. I just got an email saying "maybe November delivery". The price was awesome, which is making me think I am being pushed towards a refund. ( conspiracy theory)
So I have been hanging in there, but I am beginning to look into the PE Neo 2.5 LE insert.

Any advice? I am looking around for a place to purchase the PE Neo online, if the price isn't outrageous or a crazy lead time. I am trying to stay under $3500.00 for just the insert. Thanks

There no longer are any online sales of PE stoves to my knowledge since Tom's shop closed.

Thanks for that, I saw that he had retired. Good for him!

Yeah, so I looked at Lopi in the flush modern style. Too much $$. It's hard to shop for wood burning inserts locally. The lack of popularity in my area means higher prices.
I've been getting the pushed back delivery dates for months , so maybe I chose poorly and need to find another brand/model.

Did you find an insert similar to the matrix 2000. I’m also looking but I don’t want to wait for several months. And I’m considering the PE Neo 2.5 .
I realized I wanted more height to sit, so I went with a Majestic Warm Majic II fireplace. Got it in a month. I'll start tearing out the old fireplace after the holidays. I like the Neo too. It's a shame it's HHV is 72 . The Majestic is 69 I think. I would have liked to get the tax credit. I can't remember which inserts are American and rectangular at the moment.