Walk on the BEEch

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

smokinj

Minister of Fire
Aug 11, 2008
Anderson, Indiana
Finally got the time to go after a dead standing beech. Its in a neighbor hood so the ported 460 will wait til 10:30 or so been trying to get there for more than a month. post pic's later

Good wood that beech. Go get 'em.

I would have given them till 8am. Its the weekend, Joe Blow has stuff to get done, not sleep in. ;-P

afblue said:
I would have given them till 8am. Its the weekend, Joe Blow has stuff to get done, not sleep in. ;-P

Your right everyone was out watching it come down 40in. 78 ft tall 18 man hrs. to get it to the house still needs splitt

mayhem said:
Nice, but that doesn't look like 46in.

lol It never does with my camera I still have the rounds if you want me to take a pic with the tape measure. There is also 5 cords in that pile.sorry I look again 4-4.5 cords the trailer still loaded.With 3 of us and the tree dead standing for 3 years we still had to 1/4 the last two

here you go with the pics

by he way NICE CORN FIELD

nice pile o wood and very nice spread. man i gotta move out the crowded north east!

f3cbboy said:
nice pile o wood and very nice spread. man i gotta move out the crowded north east!

Thanks for the help and when the corn comes down its on my north side and it will change everthing! (high winds coming out of the north batten down the hatchs lol 20-30 mph very common)

lobsta1 said:
Thanks for posting the pics. That wood will make some nice btu's next year.
Al
yep thats what Iam thinking using the tops this year very dry tops and the big rounds I'll splitt this feb or march and use them next season

Status
Not open for further replies.