Wall above Superior DRL3000 too hot...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Macl

Feb 11, 2020
Austin, Texas
Hi Everyone,

We have a new house with a Superior DRL3000 direct vent propane fireplace. The surround gets to 260 degrees and the tile above it gets to 220 degrees in an hour. I’m having difficulty finding what is the danger zone? I found one site that said 190 degrees. We have a tv above it and that will have to be moved, but I’m more concerned with the wall being so hot and how long can you run it with this temperature. The Napoleon unit has a heat system that redirects heat. Is there any kind of add on or modification that can be done to redirect the heat of a Superior so the wall is not so hot? I’m in Texas and don’t need the heat redirected in the house. I just need it out of the wall. It has a vent outside the house. Thank you!