Warmer Weather

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Henz

Mar 23, 2006
Northville, NY
Well, letting the Olympic burn down today, didnt re-load her from last night.. Supposed to be in the 40's durign the day and in low 30's at night..Might crank her back up tonight but wont re-load durign the day..save the wood.

Same here, just keeping a maintenance fire... They're calling for warmer weather on Tuesday.

yup.. I figure that I can handle saving some wood, would be real nice to have some leftover this year!

It is supposed to be in the 70's today and 60's over night then back up to 70's tomorrow so I will not burn at all today or tomorrow this weather sure is playing hell with my match supply I have never started this many fires before in my life in one season. usually start one in Nov. and let it go out in Apr. This year we have had several to warm to burn days so now I fear I will run out of matches LOL.

Its a regular old heat wave here in Iowa.
People are in sweatshirts. I mean to go from -40 to 22.
Man lets go swimming!
Its nice. At 22 I can do a kindling fire and warm up the house in a jiffy.

I'm with ya, but let's not blink our eyes too slow, you know how the weather can be around here.

I'm just keeping it going with coals. Burn one load daytime and one good one overnight to keep the temp up a bit: that's it.

Finally warming up a bit out west after 3 weeks of below freezing temps and almos constant snow. heres what it looks like outside. this is not a tractor pile just snowfall and roof shed.

Attachments

• IMG_0332_1_1.JPG
    IMG_0332_1_1.JPG
    33 KB · Views: 255
I'm going to give the National Weather Service some credit here. Their long range forecast for the 2007-2008 winter was for colder and stormier than normal in the Pacific NW and extending towards the Lakes region. Cold in the Northeast in the fall-early winter, about normal to a bit above normal in the Northeast through mid winter and then turning below normal at the endo fo the winter. Central and Southern portions of the country, in general above normal. So far, I'd say they nailed it. Forecast for the next couple of weeks is turning colder in the east with a week or two of storminess, then cold and drying out and perhaps a bit of a break for the west and northwest. Time will tell. We've had a warm day or two here in the Seacoast of NH up in the 50's briefly, but all in all, the last match I lit was the end of October. Doubt I'll use another til the end of March or later.

OK, bring it on, I'm ready...

Status
Not open for further replies.