Warning on the road

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Backwoods Savage

Minister of Fire
Feb 14, 2007
Michigan
Please people, be aware that the next 2 weeks can be the most dangerous time on the roadways especially after dark because the male deer population is on the prowl looking for hot does. They can pop out of a ditch or fencerow or even out of people's yards and you'll be hit or hit them really fast. They can do lots of damage to your car or truck too. Just keep in mind; these males get their chance only once per year so they have one thing on their minds!

passed a car that looked rather smashed and the dead deer friday night, this was on 495 north between 28 and 114 on the Lawrence north andover line, friday night, not a place I would expect to see deer...

Good info Dennis.
Not just at dusk or dawn either.
Watch for hunters too. Lots of guys park just off the road and wander off into the woods looking for Bambi.
I don't plan to go into the woods until after deer season, or spring if the white stuff hits.

Aw, don't stop Dave. That white stuff should not stop you.

You are right about not just at dusk or dawn. I had a buck run across in front of me not that long ago at 10:00 pm.

I'll try to take one out next weekend... just doing my part ;)

I have seen a few bucks on the roads lately. They're slower than molasses. I could have pushed one off the road he was going so slow. Must have been tired out from a hard day's work.

Ten years ago I put a Jotul gas stove on eBay. A guy from Ontario bought it immediately. I tried to talk him out of it but he wasn't having it. He drove all night from Ontario and showed up in a brand new Dodge pickup. With the right front bashed in. He hit a deer in Pennsylvania and kept going.

Guy was oblivious to the damage to his truck but was ga-ga over the Blue/Black gas stove. <>

Status
Not open for further replies.