Washington Stoveworks Olympic "49"

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bmartin

Jan 4, 2013
I purchased a home 7 years ago that had a wood stove disassembled in the garage. I have finally taken the time to look it over and am interested in trying to put it together. It appears to have all the parts less certain bolts and nuts. I think I have dry-fit it together fairly well, but I am not sure. Searches for a manual in the house have yielded no results in spite of the previous owners meticulous records.

I have no experience restoring wood stoves, but I am "stoked" about the opportunity. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I also just purchased a Washington Stoveworks Model 49 in good shape.

I am wondering if someone has original photos of this stove and more information apart from the history link provided above.

Did this thing come with a front cover/screen?
Also what did the original fire grate look like?
Did this come with an ash-pan as well?

With photos I can fabricate close approximations.

It is complete except for the parts above.
There is a grate inside the firebox--but it seems it's out of a regular fireplace.
In the photo attached a previous owner fabricated a cover plate.

Status
Not open for further replies.