Way off topic!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

yvillanz

Nov 21, 2013
irvine pa
So I woke to what lookedlike lightning outside my window, the power flashes a few time and the sky lit up blue I think it's the power lines heading to my house it looks like arcing why would this be happening ?

pic's or it didn't happen ;)

Transformer blew maybe?

I moved your thread over to the inglenook.

Arcing is essentially an intermittent short. Very dangerous. If you haven't already, call your power company. Something needs to be done (transformer/lines/etc.).

Could be limbs or branches rubbing on the lines. Report it now.

not good

pay no attention to the man behind the certain

Ha, I wonder if that is what my son saw. He was looking north outside and suddenly saw a blue flash streaking by. He said it looked like a blue green flare.

Last edited:
We had flashing, then the electricity went off (in SW Colorado). Turns out it was a strong windstorm. Somehow, the power lines were sufficiently slack that two of them touched, arced, and shorted out. Had bucket trucks in the driveway with searchlights at 2am...cool.

We had flashing, then the electricity went off (in SW Colorado). Turns out it was a strong windstorm. Somehow, the power lines were sufficiently slack that two of them touched, arced, and shorted out. Had bucket trucks in the driveway with searchlights at 2am...cool.

it always fun to watch someone else working

Status
Not open for further replies.