Website SEO

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mellow

Resident Stove Connoisseur
Jan 19, 2008
Salisbury, MD
I know some of you guys have to be webmasters and do SEO work, I am working on our company website and would love any tips on getting to the top, we do printing and mailing, which between all the printing franchises out there it is hard to get to the top of google search. Just looking for some suggestions. I had tried adwords years ago but found it to be to expensive to make it worth it for the few additional hits, most clicked and bounced.

As a contractor, my Web site is image rich. I've noticed a lot of traffic going through my site generates from Google images, then to me. As their we crawler has found all my pics and they come up under image search. Ie. you're thinking of building a deck, Google it, see pics, follow to image source, etc.... more external links, more recent updates, better Web crawler preferences seo rank...
simple little things like making sure there's a link from your local chamber of commerce site.
Just my experience with it.

I must get a call every other day from SEO companies. My reply, "must not be too bad, you found me, have a nice day."

I must get a call every other day from SEO companies. My reply, "must not be too bad, you found me, have a nice day."

Now that is funny, if I had a dollar for every email and phone call I get about our SEO I would be a rich man.

I will look into the ebay idea, are you listing your services for sale? We sell used equipment through our company ebay account, not seen us come up in many searches but maybe I need to add more keywords to our auctions.

I will also look into the images, I have some custom made graphics and I do see more hits on those. Been trying to add more keywords to the site and it is getting better, but on some of the generic terms it is ranked pretty low.

I am trying out sheerseo to see how that works.

Content is king. It has to be relevant and new. Links to other good content sites. Find a blogger or more in your vertical. Link to them. Be sure it works on mobile devices.

I like it.

My record was a stock broker during the Long Island Clinton days when everyone was making money. He called during dinner. 35 minutes in I say " ok, I'll invest"
He sounds so happy. asks me how much. "50 or 75" He perks up and says, "lets go for the 75 thousand" I said, " Whoah whoah, I don't have that kind of money, I meant 75 dollars. I got about 200 in the bank, but I am willing to risk 75 of it" I let him yell and swear at me for as long as he wanted.

Status
Not open for further replies.