Weeks 7 & 8 . . . but rethinking the duration? (12/12 - 12/26)

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I

ISeeDeadBTUs

Total HDD for 8-weeks since first fire(10/31/2010)

2008= 1738 2009= 1662 2010= 1888

Using the 20-week total, the percentages come in at 34% (winter {heating season} is a third over)

Observations

1)2010 the coldest of the three years so far
2)20 weeks is probably not quite accurate. Probably should use 22 or maybe even 24. Hard to say, because I like it cool, so I shut down earlier in the spring they some people probably. But this year I have a few 70' Aspens that came down, so I may use those when it gets springy.

Winter is early here also. Not really cold but steady low temps for DEC. I have a good wood supply so all is well. Enjoy ! and Happy New Year.

I hope your 1/3 over is accurate, because I am further into my wood than I'd like to be, considering that the two coldest months are still coming up.

December has definitely had more steady, unrelenting cold than any December I can recall in recent memory.

I started the winter with significantly more wood than last year, and probably overall a better grade of wood, but still am not feeling all that comfortable that I have enough to last to the end.

Last year I finished the last few weeks of winter with cut-up pallets; it worked, but seemed a bit Chateau Redneck...

Status
Not open for further replies.