weirdest item you've found in wood?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My dad and I found a steel electrical box in a big oak that the town took down at our local park. Didn't have to worry about destroying any chains back then however, we cut everything, and I mean everything, with a two man cross cut saw.

I did stumble upon this photo in the picture section here which made me think about this thread.

Attachments

• bikes_on_trees.jpg
    bikes_on_trees.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 185
Cate said:
I split a 6 inch round of silver maple and found a rock. Not kidding...it was right in the middle of the split and the branch came from about 30 or more feet up. I'm still trying to figure that one out.

In high school, I had a friend (yeah-just one) and we would walk in the woods and try to out-do one another with small feats of skill. For example: skip this rock off the water, over that fallen tree and into the giant hole in the rotted base of the tree behind that. And so on..

Many times we attempted and sometimes succeeded in getting a large flat rock to stick in the "wye" of a tree trunk that was 20' up.

A big bunch.. like a pound of peanuts in the shell. found them in center part of a round when I was bucking the tree up.

I know it could have been a squirrel, I have no neighbors for 1/4 of a mile and our family don't eat peanuts in the shell..

birds is all I could think of bring them in from elsewhere.

offroadaudio said:
Cate said:
I split a 6 inch round of silver maple and found a rock. Not kidding...it was right in the middle of the split and the branch came from about 30 or more feet up. I'm still trying to figure that one out.

In high school, I had a friend (yeah-just one) and we would walk in the woods and try to out-do one another with small feats of skill. For example: skip this rock off the water, over that fallen tree and into the giant hole in the rotted base of the tree behind that. And so on..

Many times we attempted and sometimes succeeded in getting a large flat rock to stick in the "wye" of a tree trunk that was 20' up.

Nice! I hope with aim like that you were a pitcher or quarterback...

A few years ago my uncle found, with his saw, in a tree.. 7 links of... chainsaw chain.

So far I have not found anything with the saw, but I have found a couple nails and stuff in my ashes. I did hit something pretty hard and sparky a couple months ago, but didn't do any more cutting on that log to find out what was in it.

Status
Not open for further replies.