Well after 2.5 years of shopping I finally found a tractor.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

SCOTT S.

Burning Hunk
Mar 22, 2014
Waupaca WI
C24F0EA4-61E4-47C4-82FE-94A6B8382620.jpeg
Tc40 new Holland 290 hrs $12 k .

Last edited by a moderator:
Put 3 hours on it today. Mostly putting wood chips in flower gardens. Love the hydro transmission, My other tractor is a farmall h, everything is so much quicker and easier it’s unbelievable. Can’t wait until fall and get her in the woods.

Reactions: duramaxman05
I use my tractor for everything I really don’t know how people get by without one.

Reactions: TreePointer
TC and TZ series were the best New Holland compacts made. Much better than the Workmaster series today. Enjoy, it will last you a long time.

And that is a hell of a price with a loader.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: sloeffle
If you’d been in my yard an hour ago, you’d have seen a woodshed driving down the hill from my barn to the wood lot, on a 3-point forklift on the back of my tractor. I really don’t know how people do this hobby on any scale, without a tractor.

f1b98667b14a621650d75b20dd915866.jpg 6a5bcc37f795dfb83b5b5d1d3bc9bc7e.jpg 047c27ad613c32249dcc00dead211c8a.jpg 1bca704116c3f49dec6c28341a0d6400.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
TC and TZ series were the best New Holland compacts made. Much better than the Workmaster series today. Enjoy, it will last you a long time.

And that is a hell of a price with a loader.

I looked at the new ones and I agree the older ones are made better, my local NH. Dealer quit selling any NH. Under 75 horsepower and started selling Kioti compacts.

I looked at the new ones and I agree the older ones are made better, my local NH. Dealer quit selling any NH. Under 75 horsepower and started selling Kioti compacts.

That’s a good dealer. 75 and up are made here. The rest are imported in. They are made by LS but are a cheaper version of those.

How do you hook that to the tractor?
I hook ours up to our Rear Implement. We have 8ft rake, Plow and Blade. Plus added 2" ball. Lots of places. Too handy to do without. I had big one made up locally. 35ft one for tension when I need to drop big ass tree not on my ass or anything important. Great for hauling them out of the forest too (smaller size).

If you are cutting down a lot of trees yourself, a skidding winch is a very worthy investment for a tractor. I agree with @Ashful, if you have any amount of land a tractor really is necessary. It only took me three months on our basically undeveloped land before I gave in. Great looking tractor, I'm jealous of the PHD.

If you’d been in my yard an hour ago, you’d have seen a woodshed driving down the hill from my barn to the wood lot, on a 3-point forklift on the back of my tractor. I really don’t know how people do this hobby on any scale, without a tractor.

View attachment 247042 View attachment 247043 View attachment 247044 View attachment 247045

Plus it gives you time to hop off and snap a few pictures, while wondering how much "fun" you'd be having if you didn't have it.

Reactions: Ashful
Pallet forks are supposed to be here tomorrow can’t wait to see if it will lift an Ibc tote filled with wood.

Reactions: sloeffle
I bought a skid steer a year ago but I haven’t really found much use for it yet but if I had more land I’m sure I would. I only have a 2 acre lot here and I’m not sure if I’ll keep it yet or not. I might find it more useful if we have a heavy snow year again like the latter part of last winter was. Time will tell.

I bought a skid steer a year ago but I haven’t really found much use for it yet but if I had more land I’m sure I would. I only have a 2 acre lot here and I’m not sure if I’ll keep it yet or not. I might find it more useful if we have a heavy snow year again like the latter part of last winter was. Time will tell.
I know what you are saying. Once everything is done/organized the skid is not of a big use. A normal tractor can do the rest. I am in middle of many projects and the skid steer is unmatchable, is like I can't do anything without it. I become stupid if I don't have the skid but once I am done, my beat up old Kubota will takes care of everything else. Now I just use it to mow the fields

Reactions: WiscWoody
Nice tractor! I use mine for about as much as I can. I spent some time looking for one as well. the wait is worth it nice tractor! Get a grapple.Resized_20190830_172917_9316.jpeg

Reactions: SCOTT S.
Pallet forks are supposed to be here tomorrow can’t wait to see if it will lift an Ibc tote filled with wood.
My rear tires are filled ( approx 900lbs ) on my tractor and they still come off of the ground a little when moving a 330 gallon IBC tote filled full of wood. Make sure you have an implement on the back of the tractor or have the tires filled before you start moving them. I usually have an implement on the back of my tractor during the winter. During the summer I leave my bush hog off when moving stuff with the tractor because it is so long. If you get the tires filled, get them filled with beet juice. Calcium is cheaper and heavier but it will rust the rims out.

Nice machine, and you get one hell of a deal.

I have seen that one. Right now I use my stump grinder since if is over 1,000 lbs, but the thing is super long as well.

Reactions: sloeffle and lsucet