Well after 2.5 years of shopping I finally found a tractor.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
That feeling when you realize that there is someone else nearby who is also using a blue tractor to huck around IBC totes of firewood with the end goal of feeding a Blaze King.

I think there must be something in the water.

View attachment 248941

View attachment 248942
Love cutting, like splitting, hate stacking. I will go from stacking each piece 3 times to once that’s a huge win in my book.

Reactions: sloeffle
FDABB2F2-E2D3-4924-8AA6-30D5B88A9532.jpeg

Darn you guys! Now I want a tractor! I live in town but to landscape, move wood etc. I have to think about this?!

Reactions: SCOTT S. and Agent
Darn you guys! Now I want a tractor! I live in town but to landscape, move wood etc. I have to think about this?!

A subcompact would be great in a more compact environment.

You shouldn’t be moving wood at your age, without a tractor. [emoji14]

(Feel free to show this to your wife, if you’re short on justification.)

Reactions: SpaceBus
I've learned you can't do much of anything serious without at least a tractor, if not ever larger tools.

You shouldn’t be moving wood at your age, without a tractor. [emoji14]

(Feel free to show this to your wife, if you’re short on justification.)
At 59 I'm still packing elk. 2 bulls last year, 6 miles each way, cross country from truck...625 lbs to the butcher. Thank goodness for frame packs with shelves!

I've learned you can't do much of anything serious without at least a tractor, if not ever larger tools.
You can do it, but what you can accomplish in an hour with a tractor may take 2 days by hand. I filled the woodshed last week in less than an hour. I wish I was doing wood this weekend.... putting on a roof between snow showers.
ADFC087A-EB35-4630-ADBF-67AAAB42EB89.jpeg