Went a little too heavy on the scrounge

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

swagler85

Minister of Fire
Mar 4, 2012
NE Ohio
seansellsohio.com
Well loaded up a little too much and got her stuck on the way out. Hahahahahaha bed actually touched the ground, had to call out my brother for a tow.
Nice load of cherry though.

Attachments

• photo (640x478).jpg
    photo (640x478).jpg
    69 KB · Views: 649
swagler85 said:
Well loaded up a little too much and got her stuck on the way out. Hahahahahaha bed actually touched the ground, had to call out my brother for a tow.
Nice load of cherry though.

Was that just because of the mud or a mix of both weight and mud?

I think it was a combo of both, i drove over the same place earlier and didnt sink any. But with the weight I sunk right in.

swagler85 said:
I think it was a combo of both, i drove over the same place earlier and didnt sink any. But with the weight I sunk right in.

At least you can laugh about it now...any undercarriage damage?

No lucky for me it was soft enough that I didnt do anything to the truck

Been there!

Looks to me like the sun was shining and you picked up a nice load. Seems like a great day that took a bit longer than expected. Hope you were able to have a beer while you waited for the bro (or that he brought a few!).

pen

You havent lived until you get 2 old Dodge Power Wagons stuck up to their hubs less than 20 ft apart within 2 hours! :lol: First Dad's old truck,called brother,his (with no reverse I might add) in the muck soon afterwards.Had to get neigbor 1/4 mile away with his old John Deere to save the day. Sad thing was,Dad's truck didnt even have any wood on it,I got it stuck crossing the 5ft wide shallow ditch going OUT in the woods to cut that May morning.We soon afterwards buried a 10ft section of 10" schedule 40 PVC in that creek for the water to flow through instead of over the top,dumped 4 ton of dirt & gravel over & compacted it to make crossings easier in the future.

Thistle said:
You havent lived until you get 2 old Dodge Power Wagons stuck up to their hubs less than 20 ft apart within 2 hours! :lol: First Dad's old truck,called brother,his (with no reverse I might add) in the muck soon afterwards.Had to get neigbor 1/4 mile away with his old John Deere to save the day. Sad thing was,Dad's truck didnt even have any wood on it,I got it stuck crossing the 5ft wide shallow ditch going OUT in the woods to cut that May morning.We soon afterwards buried a 10ft section of 10" schedule 40 PVC in that creek for the water to flow through instead of over the top,dumped 4 ton of dirt & gravel over & compacted it to make crossings easier in the future.

Even have a video of it!

Gary

Two words. Four Low. Kidding of course. Thank goodness no harm done.

This time of year I don't drive the truck anywhere off road . . . it is almost always way too soft and way too easy to get stuck . . . stuck bad.

Nice that you were able to get it out without paying for a wrecker. Got to be careful in the spring. The ground can be unbelievably soft. I got my old flatbed stuck in somebody's back yard while getting a craig's list scrounge. Because the truck has highway tread tires it was immobilized before I could dig up the lawn. I had my wife come and pull me out with the 4x4 F250. Good thing I was close to home. I think it was her birthday though.

'Tis the season for that. When you drive out in the early AM the ground is cold and hard. Once the sun gets shining things can soften up in a hurry.

Looks like you were smart about it and gave up when you realized it was bad. I've seen some other guys not stop until the entire frame is on the ground...or worse. We call that getting "perma-stuck"...

Status
Not open for further replies.