Went to the gym...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Gearhead660

Minister of Fire
Dec 20, 2018
Southern WI
Went to fiskars gym. Worked off some of the food I ate over last few days. 100 reps or so. Maple and oak had me feeling mighty, elm put me in check.

20201128_120959.jpg

I got gumball once........ And I do mean once. After that I started bring my splitting axe with me when I went out scrounging. If I couldnt get a split off in a couple wacks I passed. Saved me from some really bad hackberry. lol

Went to fiskars gym. Worked off some of the food I ate over last few days. 100 reps or so. Maple and oak had me feeling mighty, elm put me in check.

I hear ya buddy...my main form of exercise + stress relief these days is to head out back with the Fiskars and blast away at some firewood rounds. I'm down to the last 10 rounds from a big hemlock score...starting to get a bit nervous. I'm kind of tempted to see if I can get some logs delivered, which seems pretty ridiculous considering I'm already a couple years ahead and have had pretty good luck scrounging.

Riteway - do you really use the Willys Pickup to get wood? I drove by a 50s era Willys car in a rural yard today. The trucks are even more rare.

Riteway - do you really use the Willys Pickup to get wood? I drove by a 50s era Willys car in a rural yard today. The trucks are even more rare.

I sure do! We don't use road salt out here, which helps keep the old cars alive. Keeping it garaged is pretty key, as well.

truck.jpg

That is SO cool! And I thought my 2002 Silverado was up there in age. I was mistaken - it was a Studebaker I saw today. Your truck looks to be in great shape, and it's a year older than me! Nice having the stakes on the bed so the load can be higher.

Reactions: Riteway
i love the fiskars gym. never have whacked any elm i guess it doesnt grow around here.

Reactions: Gearhead660
Finally cooling down enough to start going to the gym again. Started easy with some oak reps.

I also am starting with some easy red oak reps this season as I wanted an easy warm up. I like to play a game of "how softly can I hit this and still split it" with fresh red oak. Sometimes you can literally just drop the axe on it and gravity is enough.

Next up is a cord or so of green red maple!

125542.jpeg

124793.jpeg

Reactions: Gearhead660