Westboro Baptist Church-Fred Phelps

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Could be an interesting funeral. >>

Could be an interesting funeral. >>

There probably won't be a funeral. They would love to have all the Gold Star military families, LBGT backers
& everyone else show up for the free publicity, but I think it'll get quickly out of hand, & justifiably so...
Let ole Fred ROT in Hell, if there is one.

There probably won't be a funeral. They would love to have all the Gold Star military families, LBGT backers
& everyone else show up for the free publicity, but I think it'll get quickly out of hand, & justifiably so...
Let ole Fred ROT in Hell, if there is one.

Cremation and then flushing the ashes in the porcelain convenience would be fitting.

Just another hate filled gas bag, he'll fade from memory soon enough (which is what he deserves, IMO).

Hate is most corrosive thing known to man, it will eat whatever tries to contain it, and it will do so from the inside out.

Reactions: Warm_in_NH
1509240_778107758943596_1142387111_n.jpg

Reactions: GENECOP
Good thing she doesn't need votes from the people in Tulsa.

Reactions: fossil
You know, for the life of me, I'm completely baffled by the fact that I've never heard of a tornado touching down in San Francisco. :rolleyes:

Reactions: BrotherBart
Or Boston.

Reactions: fossil
But! there was a very destructive tornado is Worcester (west of Beantown) in the '50s!

The Whack-a-Bigot game is afoot:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/03/19/susanne-atanus-congress-_n_4993555.html?utm_hp_ref=gay-voices&ir=Gay Voices

(I dunno, I'd say it's as likely Susanne's face as anything else) ::P

Not that I'm a looker . . . far from it . . . and not that one should judge a person by their looks, but egads that woman is ugly . . . inside and out.

And on another note . . . when Republicans keep putting folks like this as potential candidates they really shouldn't have to wonder why they keep losing various elections . . .

Fred Phelps . . . perhaps one of the only people that could singlehandedly piss off both conservatives and liberals (and moderate thinking folks) all at the same time.

Reactions: Bobbin
Anyone that knows even a little about the past of Fred Phelps knows he was quite obviously mentally ill.

The best idea I've heard is to picket his funeral with signs that say "We Forgive You" as that is what Christianity is allegedly all about.

Brutal dye job...

In all seriousness, it's so much easier to hate than it is to like and love. Really.

Hate is how we reconcile our inner conflicts.....and lack of love. Since most of us have many of these, it's a easy way to "blame someone else" for the lack of balance or for our own (ill) mental health.

It's always been a weakness of mine that I don't really hate bunches of people...groups, etc. - I don't forgive and forget either. I forgive, but don't forget.

Call that a weakness, but I think it's more like knowing that a dog which was beaten and treated wrongly can bite - and then may bite again.

I'd rather think of not forgetting as "intelligence". It would be interesting if that church repented now that he is gone.

Also, I don't think he is "bad" in any sense.....because he is only exaggerating (like a comedian or "news" source does) tendencies and issues which we all know are very real. There is a thin line between saying that Black folks are cursed (former Mormon thought), that Gays are shunned by the lord, etc. etc....and saying they are responsible for the WTC, etc.

In fact, many mainstream "men of the lord" have said these exact things.

That's the thing about hate. Most of it hides in private conversations between like minded individuals, in quotes which can be denied or explained, etc.

Fred did away with that stuff. Perhaps he's more honest than most, eh?

Reactions: GENECOP
The man was nothing without followers. That is the part that scares me.
Lets hope his clan fads away

Reactions: 1750
The man was nothing without followers. That is the part that scares me.
Lets hope his clan fads away

Having been a member of a semi-cult (but at least a relatively positive and accepting one) for a couple years once, I can assure you that there will always be lots of fertile minds in which to plant any and every seed...

It's so easy to tell people what is responsible for their insecurities.....and, of course, they want to believe it so they do.

Reactions: 1750
Having been a member of a semi-cult (but at least a relatively positive and accepting one) for a couple years once, I can assure you that there will always be lots of fertile minds in which to plant any and every seed...

It's so easy to tell people what is responsible for their insecurities.....and, of course, they want to believe it so they do.

Having dated a Scientologist I can say ya got that right.

Status
Not open for further replies.