What’s the weirdest thing you’ve found in your wood when split?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Found a family of mice in a hollow part of the tree this fall . I scared them and they scared me :snake:

Split pine and had a salamander or newt or something in there. He was in a hole made by a big grub of some sort that was about full of water.

Have had snakes in the pile, mice, a cat living under it, and pulled a screw in eye bolt and ring out of my woodstove recently after burning. Have had wires through trees, etc.

I found a bullet when I was splitting over the weekend. It's not even mushroomed and you can see the rifle marks from the barrel on the bullet. It almost looks like someone placed it next to the tree and it grew around it since it's not damaged. I'll snap a picture when I get a minute.

I had a beech tree that was hollow in the center in a pile all summer. I'm not sure when they got in there, but the center was packed with slim pine cones. Somebody lost their stash.

Status
Not open for further replies.