What a mess, wife not happy.......

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Uh oh... the old catch-22!!

If you listen to her and stop running the stove, bet your next ton of pellets you will have the following encounter in the future:

"Look at this oil/electric/propane bill! This is just ridiculous. Why don't you run that pellet stove? You know we can't afford these sorts of costs right now!"

Darned if you do... darn sure darned if you don't!!

Ahhh no problem the two of you will get it sooted out and all will be just a memory. :)

geek said:
plugged the ash vac hose to the opposite side....meaning i was blowing INTO the stove and not sucking out of it....!!!

You're my new Hero!

save$ said:
The only way I would be able "dig" my self out of a situation like that would be to get a cleaning service in, send roses and a night out to dinner and a show. That will make it "profitable" for your wife and she will be forgiving you and waiting for the next time you mess up.

That's basically what I was gonna suggest, but I would recommend a week somewhere warm, while the service is doin' their stuff. Thing that amazes me, though, is that you're actually sitting there posting this BEFORE it's all cleaned up.

hossthehermit said:
save$ said:
The only way I would be able "dig" my self out of a situation like that would be to get a cleaning service in, send roses and a night out to dinner and a show. That will make it "profitable" for your wife and she will be forgiving you and waiting for the next time you mess up.
Thing that amazes me, though, is that you're actually sitting there posting this BEFORE it's all cleaned up.[/quot
We all have our priorities. Think I would post then let the cleaning service do their thing

Few years back i had a blockage in my pipe, hooked up the leaf blower like you did.....but used the blower end inside the pipe after it was unhooked from the stove!!
Blower trick seems to work but i would still take apart my stove to see how good it really did, I cannot do the trick otherwise i would have to get on top of my chimney, dont think it would work too well sucking up 25' of pipe.
Be glad it happened in your sun/porch room....

If a man speaks in the middle of the desert with no woman around to hear him, is he still wrong ??

all good comments pals, she is quiet and keeping her mouth shot as she knows i'm buying a 7-day cruise vacation for both of us in April. At least i know that's why she hasn't complained THAT much....lol

I know plugging the house to the wrong side of the vac is dumb, and i admit it, but was just rushing due to other things i had to do plus the pile of snow in the back making it more difficult to do a "clean" job...hehe

My favorite one is: If you lock you wife and your dog in the trunk of your car for an hour, which one is going to be happy to see you when you open the trunk !

geek,

Did you get the house all cleaned up? And is the wifey gonna let you still use the stove? Show here the latest oil prices, That should change her mind! :)

Ahhhhh, Someone forgot to post the legal disclaimer, "Do not try this at home".

Eric

geek said:
Later on she says "pellet stove is just too much, look at the mess outside too, siding black, pipe dirty with ash/water, not nice, stop using it...!!!!!"

It's not the stove she needs to get rid of to fix her problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.