What a weekend

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wacky1

Oct 9, 2009
Ripley WV
:mad: First I blew a trailer tire on my small 4x8 trailer pulling about 750 lbs of red oak rounds on it.....Then after I fixed that the 029 would not start after all set up in the woods......After I got It running, I got it pinched in a BIG way >:-( on a felled red oak. Got the winch unreeled out of the ol'Grizzly. And was just out of reach! Finally, weaseled my way through the brush and pulled the tree just enough for the helper(wife) to pull the saw out. All that frustration for about 3/4 cord of oak, 8hrs later!! Could have been worse!!! :lol:

Wacky1 said:
:mad: First I blew a trailer tire on my small 4x8 trailer pulling about 750 lbs of red oak rounds on it.....

750? come on, say it without smiling.

SolarAndWood said:
Wacky1 said:
:mad: First I blew a trailer tire on my small 4x8 trailer pulling about 750 lbs of red oak rounds on it.....

750? come on, say it without smiling.

ok :smirk: was a bit overloaded, but I hate driving through deep mudholes over 1.5 miles, below 20mph! :shut: :lol: sorry, I tried!!

YIKES! Better luck this weekend Wacky1.

Had days like that......Old saying from a boss "I have seen it go like this for 2-3 days, then get real ruff"

Seems whenever I'm working in the woods cutting down trees I either have a really good day where everything falls right how I want it, no stuck saws and I get lots done . . . or I have "one of those days" like you where everything that can go wrong will go wrong.

Wacky1 said:
:mad: First I blew a trailer tire on my small 4x8 trailer pulling about 750 lbs of red oak rounds on it.....Then after I fixed that the 029 would not start after all set up in the woods......After I got It running, I got it pinched in a BIG way >:-( on a felled red oak. Got the winch unreeled out of the ol'Grizzly. And was just out of reach! Finally, weaseled my way through the brush and pulled the tree just enough for the helper(wife) to pull the saw out. All that frustration for about 3/4 cord of oak, 8hrs later!! Could have been worse!!! :lol:

That's why I bought a second Stihl and wedges a year ago.

zap

zapny said:
Wacky1 said:

That's why I bought a second Stihl and wedges a year ago.

zap

That is exactly what I told the wife I want for Christmas!!

When I start to have one of those days I try to avoid continued dangerous work maybe put down the saw and go split some wood on the splitter or go inside and bring up the hearth page. Just trying not to tempt fate I can always cut another day.

Status
Not open for further replies.