what about single u shaped light flourscent fixture ?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

jeanw

Feeling the Heat
Hearth Supporter
Sep 23, 2008
ky
can find the double lights but rather have a single base.. We have some brand new u shaped floruscent bulbs prob 6 or more just waiting for a fixture and be nice to use them called the local electrical place but he said he can only find the floruscent fixture in double tried searching on web and coudnt come across
Thanks
anyone

the u shaped fixtures/bulbs are not the greatest. they don't produce the most light and they are not reliable. get a new fixture. if you are using the light in a drop ceiling get a fixture that uses T8 bulbs much more light and reliable. and if they get better on quality you can change the T8 fluorescent bulbs for LED bulbs. they are a direct replacement and use the same ballast.

the u shaped fixtures/bulbs are not the greatest. they don't produce the most light and they are not reliable. get a new fixture. if you are using the light in a drop ceiling get a fixture that uses T8 bulbs much more light and reliable. and if they get better on quality you can change the T8 fluorescent bulbs for LED bulbs. they are a direct replacement and use the same ballast.
Ah someone GAVE us a box of them.. I did have a raggedy looking used fixure had found cheaply at a thrift store. But it was too big for us and very used looking. so I gave it to probat Habitat.

Ah someone GAVE us a box of them.. I did have a raggedy looking used fixure had found cheaply at a thrift store. But it was too big for us and very used looking. so I gave it to probat Habitat.
The whole purpose of this post is to use those new bulbs.. that why Im asking if anyone has ever seen etc a single fixture using a SINGLE u shaped bulb? thanks

The whole purpose of this post is to use those new bulbs.. that why Im asking if anyone has ever seen etc a single fixture using a SINGLE u shaped bulb? thanks

Not recently. I'd imagine if you dig around enough you can find one online, but just doing a quick search of my own, I'm not actually seeing them anywhere.

If nothing turns up, I'm not sure what else to suggest aside from offering the bulbs up in the Craigslist free section or similar places so they don't simply go to waste, unless there's enough it seems worth charging for them.

Home Depot lists these bulbs as in stock at my local store, so regardless of whether the fixtures are available, clearly they're still finding enough of a market for the bulbs to be worth keeping in stock. Somebody can make use of them.