What beer are you drinking

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Woodchuck Amber Hard Cider. Ok, so it isn't beer but that's what's cold :)

Reactions: firefighterjake
Stock photo from website. Not my glass;). Beer ain't for everyone but neither is Rum. Too sweet for my tastes. I like good ol whiskey and vodkey and some scotch if moving into the hard stuff.
Been cozying up to some Yukon Jack lately.

Reactions: Wildo
Been cozying up to some Yukon Jack lately.

Little bit early for yukon isnt it? We save that for those cold whorry nights just as Jack says on the label.

Its still warm enough for PBR and Labatts fresh chilled from the porch;).

When it gets so cold it turns yukon into thick syrup then its time for it to freeze ya, burn ya, freeze ya and burn ya again on the way down:)

My god that 1554 from New Belgium sounds spectacular. I tried a sixer of the Fat Tire, and I was unimpressed, unfortunately. It's not a bad beer by any stretch...it was just rather plain to me. Nothing about it really stood out. Wish someone around here stocked that 1554, though! Might have to pick up some Killian's on the way home this afternoon.

Coors light only because I'm not the type who sips and nurses a beer for an hour or more. I'm finishing my third or fourth by that time. Plus, I'd be big as hell from all the calories in the "real" beers. I never got the taste for the bitter stuff either. Sometimes it's one or two, other times it can be 12. :) Cheers!

Wish someone around here stocked that 1554, though! Might have to pick up some Killian's on the way home this afternoon.

Too funny, when I picked up the 1554 I also grabbed a half rack of killians. Both from walmart.

I had a single 1554 last night and that beer pours as dark as a porter but don't let that fool you, it is not an overly heavy beer. Has a nice fizz and light feel, as a black ale should.

Sometimes the fat tire has a spoiled fruit taste to it. Depends on the foods and mood of the day for me.

Too funny, when I picked up the 1554 I also grabbed a half rack of killians. Both from walmart.

I had a single 1554 last night and that beer pours as dark as a porter but don't let that fool you, it is not an overly heavy beer. Has a nice fizz and light feel, as a black ale should.

Sometimes the fat tire has a spoiled fruit taste to it. Depends on the foods and mood of the day for me.

Pours as dark as a porter is music to me ears. If I can see the other side of the glass, they're not doing it right! :)

Went to the Bier Abbey in Schenectady last night.. had a glass of Smuttynose Winter, and a small glass of JW Lees 2011 barleywine which, according to the beer menu, had been aged in some sort of French cider cask for 4 months. My friends were impressed by the Mother's Milk from Keegan Ales in Kingston, a milk stout.

Whoever posted about Pyramid Snowcap is making me envious. I have not seen that beer on the east coast for some time.

On the homebrewing front is a Pumpkin beer that is waiting to get bottled for gifts, and 10 gallons of oatmeal stout brewed last week, which will get kegged.

I saw snow cap at walmart also but chose the 1554 over it, this time. Snow cap is a dependable favorite in our region. Winter beers are great once you fully embrace winter. I had a hard time finishing the jubelale I bought this year for halloween, a little too heavy for me so early in the season.

Boom stick, I'm a frequent flyer at the Brew Crew. Also a tour whore at Mahars only 800 steps from my front door. Got 1660+ beers on the list. I'm in the top 100 of the 33,000 that is on the tour. (think I have a problem)
I have a Three Floyds box in the kitchen a friend who was in town. In that box brought me two assorted six packs of Wisconsin only beers . All the beers were great especially the night train. All the New G ularis beers are good.
Seasoned, a man after my heart Genny on tap? Met my wife drinking $.25 drafts! She still brings it home once in a while.

Yuengling lager here.

Everybody here kept talking about that stuff and I picked up a case looking for beer Nirvana. Worst crap I have ever tasted in my life. Threw most of it in the landfill. And I have tasted bad beers all over the world.

Guess that is why they make different beers. But after tasting that swill I ain't taking any more grief about Bud or Natural Light. Truth be known my favorite beer is Amstel. Well, the Amstel they serve ya in Holland.

Reactions: basod
I have been on a Mexican theme lately Dos Equis, Tecate, Sol etc. dog pee all tastes about the same...........

Not sure what the diet beer craze is ,lite this and lite that. It all tastes watered down.

Reactions: Adios Pantalones
This gave up the seal last night. And you want to talk about dark, creamy, coats the palate, chew it like a steak stuff... good stuff.
stonesm.jpgstone2sm.jpg

Yukon Jack also falls into my sweet booze category. I don't do it.
(and Bro - I am with you on the Yingy beer - meh!)

And Delta - THAT is what I call a proper beer vessel. Not those shrimpy little pinky finger in the air type glasses.;lol (and it came straight from the freezer.)

Reactions: Seasoned Oak
Stone makes some great beers, but haven't had their stout.

If you can find it- Rogue's "Shakespear Stout" is fantastic.
Locally speaking, I like Ipswich Oatmeal Stout and Squam Brewing stout. Squam is a one guy operation- brews it and racks it with a damn racking cane. Great guy.

Had a Candia Road Brewing (right in ManchVegas, NH) "Nepenthe Shire stout" the other night at a great local music venue with a beer and wine cellar that should not be missed.

Booze and wood stoves seem to go together. My stove is about 15 feet from the bar. I think thats required in the man cave code book.

Stone makes some great beers, but haven't had their stout.

If you can find it- Rogue's "Shakespear Stout" is fantastic.
Stone/Rogue/Three Floyds/Hacker Pschorr and many others are all great brewers. The Shakespear that you speak of is a staple in my beer fridge (which is a giant stainless steel bastage set at 35F>>. It came from a TGI Fridays restaurant.)

Reactions: Adios Pantalones
Status
Not open for further replies.