What brand of furnace???

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bossgobbler

Hearth Supporter
Oct 1, 2007
I'm building a new house in west central Missouri. There are three floors, 1700 ft walk-out basement, 1700 ft first floor, and two bedrooms about 400 ft up stairs. I want a wood stove, say Jøtul F 600 Firelight CB in the fireplace in the family room. That room has 19 ft ceiling and is open to the kitchen and dining as well as a balcony upstairs. I want a furnace such as the charmaster or yukon eagle wood/oil or wood gas combo. My HVAC guy says I need 2 tons ac upstairs, 2.5 down and 2 in the basement. AC is much needed here but I'm not sure I really need it in the basement. The house will be on 100 acres that has 80% timber. The furnace will go in the basement and run out of the same chimney as the wood stove, different flues.

What do you think about any of these products. What should I be worried about? Any suggestions? Am I crazy?

Bossgobbler,(love that name) you may want to reconsider the ac in the basement;even just a couple supply+returns will eliminate any humidity from the basement.It shouldn't really add much to the overall tonnage of the heat pump.....basements usually only account for half of what your main floor would require.I believe a new 5 tonne heat pump running with R410-a refrigerant would have the efficient capacity to heatcool a well insulated home of your size.

Status
Not open for further replies.