What do you pay for cord?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Just got a load of mixed hardwood logs delivered this weekend, 600$, I'll bunk it up and split it through the winter, then get stacked and season in the shed, it's nice being a few years ahead on wood no mad rush to get it done.

For me personally . . . $0 other than a small amount in gas for the saw and splitter. I have no idea what the local price for cordwood is . . .

Around here they charge by the "load". I guess a "load" can be at their discretion.
One guy has split pine at 20% moisture for $60 a face cord (4' x8' x 16") .
Oak and pecan are $100-120 a load.

I just got 1/4 of a mixed cord to add to my wood pile and it was mixed at 175.00 and cut to 18 inches. They say it is seasoned but I have not tested it yet for dryness. These people also charge delivery charges and that was 40.00 dollars. There might be cheaper wood out there but this company was closer to my area...clancey

Bought two 'seasoned' cords from a local small landscaping company for $250/cord. When I was stacking it mostly looked like oak, maple and possibly black locust, so all good stuff. They offer green wood for $215/cord so I might buy the green stuff in the spring.

I just got 1/4 of a mixed cord to add to my wood pile and it was mixed at 175.00 and cut to 18 inches. They say it is seasoned but I have not tested it yet for dryness. These people also charge delivery charges and that was 40.00 dollars. There might be cheaper wood out there but this company was closer to my area...clancey
When are you going to fire that stove Clancey?

On Oct 28th and I will be using kiln dried wood that is in the house the installer person will test it for dryness...(don't trust any of the advertisements about seasoned wood being a member on here you learn that it is not so--lol)..In that case I will use the environ-logs--I guess they are a paper product--not sure...should check...but I am sure it will be a exciting day...For the pricing of the wood --kiln dried was expensive because I had it shipped from GA...I will learn as I go and getting geared up for this and will take pictures..clancey

On Oct 28th and I will be using kiln dried wood that is in the house the installer person will test it for dryness...(don't trust any of the advertisements about seasoned wood being a member on here you learn that it is not so--lol)..In that case I will use the environ-logs--I guess they are a paper product--not sure...should check...but I am sure it will be a exciting day...For the pricing of the wood --kiln dried was expensive because I had it shipped from GA...I will learn as I go and getting geared up for this and will take pictures..clancey
Yes,no pictures it did not happen lol.good luck

300 a cord + delivery for "seasoned" hardwood mix. It ended up being mostly oak. Seasoned it wasn't, but its my first year and had to buy. I'll end up mixing it with some actually well seasoned wood I have a line on or bio bricks.