What Is In Your Stove Right Now?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

stoveliker

Minister of Fire
Nov 17, 2019
Long Island NY
Nothing but ashes…
As we’re vacationing in Sanibel

but still missing the burning, eh? Have to check in here to satisfy the craving while on the beach >>

heavy hammer

Minister of Fire
Jul 18, 2015
Kirtland Ohio
A few big rounds of ash and some locust here and there. I did load both stoves up this morning with some large splits of locust since we would be gone all day working. 14 hours later and the basement is still 71.

stoveliker

Minister of Fire
Nov 17, 2019
Long Island NY
Reloaded with sassafras and I got some oak from another stack because it'll be 28 tonight - coldest yet this season.

Grizzerbear

Minister of Fire
Feb 12, 2019
SW Missoura
After a overnight load of hickory and with a low of 39 right now we will make it to 60 today so right now I'm letting the stove go cold. The house is 74. It's only supposed to get down to 45 tonight then high forties the next two nights with highs around 70 Wednesday and Thursday. We will be flirting with record highs here. Looks like the stove will rest until Friday.

Reactions: stoveliker

stoveliker

Minister of Fire
Nov 17, 2019
Long Island NY
28 now. Still chewing through the oak and sassafras from yesterday. I noticed again how much more energy there is in a box full of oak vs pine or sassafras; it's not yet halfway done...

Reactions: Grizzerbear