What Is In Your Stove Right Now?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Locust this morning temps around 10, cedar splits now temps around 35. Tomorrow close to 50 I'll probably clean the stoves out since they will probably go out with temps like that. All week is supposed to be warmer.

Reactions: thewoodlands
I'm heading down to load up with some ironwood for the night, tomorrow will be a day to take some ashes out.

After Tuesday, our driveway should be a skating rink so we'll use the ash on parts of the driveway.

We had a outside temp of 19 this morning so we loaded the liberty up with sugar & red maple.

Reactions: jatoxico
We bounced up from 6 deg overnights to teens and today we're in high 40's close to 50. Stove gets the same mix mostly but today just burning some scraps.

What"s in my Enviro Mini stove here in Colorado ? Lignetics (orange letters on white bag) Great pellets.

It's just over 35 tonight, more of the maples going in the liberty.

It's 37 tonight with another load of the maples going in the liberty.

We might have a low of 8 tonight so the liberty has a bottom row of sugar maple with a top row of ironwood in it for an overnight fire.

Reactions: Todd67
A low of 12 tonight, more soft maple in the Fisher.

We had a low of 12 this morning, more sugar & red maple on the bottom row with some ironwood filling up the top row.

It looks like we could see 0.25 inches of ice on the high end forecast by NOAA,
image1.png

Reactions: jatoxico and Todd67
It's 23 this morning with everything iced over, more maple going in the liberty.

woke up this morning and it was -4 outside. Ice on the window upstairs, stove room still at 63. Cat at 250. Loaded up with box elder and let it rip!

And now the windchill is back down to -20, and my shoveling efforts are being undone by the gusts, so I just loaded up with hot mulberry to watch the mess from indoors.

We had 43 this morning with strong winds, the temp is at 25 and dropping. We went with the pellet stove because of the high winds, it's always nice when you can shut it down quick if something happened to the chimney because of the winds.

We shut the pellet stove down before two this afternoon and since the wind gust are still howling pretty good, I clicked the P.S. on but for the overnight heat, we'll go with the furnace. They say the winds should be out of here tomorrow at ten in the morning.

Reactions: woodey
I guess I underestimated the wind and cold last night...bathroom pipes froze. Tonight is cold but much calmer. I'm keeping mulberry popping and snapping.

I guess I underestimated the wind and cold last night...bathroom pipes froze. Tonight is cold but much calmer. I'm keeping mulberry popping and snapping.

That's not good! I hope there wasn't any damage done.

Burning soft maple in the Fisher tonight. 10 degrees, but 20-30mph winds to make it feel colder.

We had 10 degrees this morning, we loaded up the liberty with sugar and red maple.

We had 3 degrees this morning, we had some sugar maple in the liberty for the first fire while having coffee.

Had a couple of warm days where we didn't burn at all. Cooled off with a chance of freezing rain so some oak and poplar going in tonight.

Sent from my VS835 using Tapatalk

We should have a low of between 8 or 10 degrees so we'll go with some sugar maple and some ironwood.