What Is In Your Stove Right Now?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
I’m try

I’m trying to confuse my stove. Don’t worry, its been split and properly seasoned.
Rum and crushed ice? (and NOT the spiced rum crap!)

We have a temp of 29.5 tonight with more of the maples going in the Liberty.

Reactions: Grizzerbear
We stayed right at 32 last night with post oak for the overnight load. I went outside to grab some wood off porch around 9:30pm and it was snowin crazy. It wasnt forcasted either so i was totally caught off guard and we ended up with 3 inches. Anywho its still 32 with red oak splits and a good round of black jack goin this mornin.

It's 28.8 tonight with another load of soft & sugar maple going in the wood stove.

Can't believe how mild our winter has been! Supposedly Friday night is supposed to be a cool one at -1 we will see but that will be our first negative temp this winter. Last winter was a little different with probably close to the whole month of Jan, and some of Feb all in the single digits.

Right now the stove is stuffed with Ash and couple splits of Cherry.

We had 23.9 this morning with our temp at 32.7 when I came in, this morning the Liberty saw another load of the maples.

14* right now heading to -4* overnight with wind gusts to 35mph then around 10* tomorrow with wind chills around -20*. I believe I will be stuffing the stove with some Osage & some smaller slivers of maple to fill the voids

image.jpg

It's 30.0 degrees tonight with another load of the maples going in the Liberty. Tomorrow I'll clean some ashes out of the stove and start burning some maple with american hophornbeam for this cold weather coming in tomorrow night.

I stuffed the stove with post oak last night. This morning its 22 and windy. I got a mix of post oak and black jack going right now. I assume its going to be cold for most folks here on hearth with this arctic plunge. We will be dropping temps all day today...
Its suppose to be somwhere in the single digits here tonight with negative wind chills.

Reactions: JimBear
Similar weather to JimBear. Red oak and a piece of ironwood. Using my good stuff.

We had 29.4 this morning with another load of the maples providing the heat, once the coals burn down the ashes will get cleaned out and we'll start burning some maple with american hophornbeam ( people in this neck of the woods call it hard hack.)

8 degrees now, headed for 12 below tonight. Red elm now but before I go to bed I will be packing it with oak again, it burns longer. Like I say, all wood has the same btu per pound, so length of burn is key in this weather.

We had 29.4 this morning with another load of the maples providing the heat, once the coals burn down the ashes will get cleaned out and we'll start burning some maple with american hophornbeam ( people in this neck of the woods call it hard hack.)
Hophornbeam, (ironwood around here) burns unbelievably hot and long! I love it. For reference, but a chunk on the lathe, it is magnificent! Polishes up like metal! With no finish!

Reactions: thewoodlands
Cold stove right now. 70* today in central NC but may cool down by the weekend. Ready to start burning again. On deck are white oak, post oak and hickory.

Cold stove right now. 70* today in central NC but may cool down by the weekend. Ready to start burning again. On deck are white oak, post oak and hickory.
it isn't even 70 in my living room!

You mean out door fire pits correct.

Reactions: fvhowler
Wasn’t it -61f in North Dakota yesterday?

temps have been in 40-50 range and 20s at night; let Dorothy go out for the day, starting to cool off so I’ll have a small fire for the evening and stuff her for bed. Yes I named the stove Dorothy ;lol