What Is In Your Stove Right Now?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
NOAA says -7 for a low with a windchill of -21 tomorrow morning, the bottom row has four splits of sugar maple and the top row has four rounds of ironwood.

Going to be a cold one tonight. Got the Vigilant cranking with some ash.

We had - 13 this morning with more sugar maple and ironwood seeing some action, tonight should be even colder then the warmer temps move back in.

It's -13.7 tonight with the pellet stove running since before supper, I'll turn that off and make a fire with some sugar maple and ironwood.

Reactions: Grizzerbear
Finally warming back up a little here. Its going to be in the mid forties today, fifth ies tomorro, and sixties monday with rain before we fall back to seasonal thirties. I have a mixed oak load going now at 33 outside.

Pine.
Pine, pine, pine.
It's always bloody pine.
It's been pine my whole life and it will pine after I'm dead.
It's only -12C this morning but we'll be burning 24/7 another 6 weeks.
And it's pine.
Here is a pic. It's from right now.
It's pine.
Gah!

Attachments

• IMG_7270.JPG
    IMG_7270.JPG
    96.7 KB · Views: 85
Our temp bottomed out at - 15.7 before it started rising with a temp of 1.2 this morning with a brisk wind. We have more sugar maple going in the Liberty.

Yah. We rise fast in the day too. It can be a good thing.
After I posted we kept dropping into -15+ range. Sun is blazing now and it's back up to -13. Time to chuck more PINE in to the firebox so I can go outside for the day.
Maybe I'll look for some dead spruce or poplar down by the river.
Variety is the spice of life - but I don't want to risk addiction or whatever...

See: sunny now

Attachments

• IMG_7278.JPG
    IMG_7278.JPG
    104.1 KB · Views: 74
It was in the mid twenties last night so I burned a bag of pellets, we had 29.4 this morning with another load of the maples going in the Liberty.

Deviated from hemlock (Bk) in the past few days. Loads of white birch on the menu. White birch has a funny smell to it. Must be the bark, not nice.

Burning some elm,oak and some unknown that i just harvested today in the VC. Woods to stove in same day, wood burner version of instant gratification?

We have a temp of 28.8 tonight with another load of the maples heating the house.

We had 16.3 this morning with a load of sugar maple going in the Lopi Liberty this morning.

We have 7.2 tonight with AccuWeather calling for a low of 5, the Liberty has four splits of sugar maple on the bottom row with another 3 on the top row with 2 rounds of american hophornbeam filling out the middle of the top row.