What Is In Your Stove Right Now?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Yes, I think Wed night they are calling for frost.

We have some pine in the heater, our morning temp should be in the 30's.

Accu is calling for a low of 32, we're at 39 so far. The liberty has a 2 splits of beech with 6 ash splits going for the overnight load, I did run a quick pine fire after supper so the temp up here is 70 & 71.

Bk is on tonight. You predicted it. Likely tomorrow eve as well.

Reactions: thewoodlands
Bk is on tonight. You predicted it. Likely tomorrow eve as well.
We had 32 this morning, we might have a low of 27 tonight according to NOAA.

We had some fire last night so the temps in here this morning were 69. We had one fire with some ash splits this morning along with a small pine fire when I was outside, we have a temp of 73 up here.

Reactions: Diabel
It's still 71 up here tonight but later I'll have some ash splits in the wood stove for the overnight fire.

Stove and flue all cleaned and 34 tonight. Guess back to heat pump. Potential frost so covered my plants.

347783052_1032928221420241_5432652038814200292_n.jpg

Hickory and Locust today. Burning what we have left in the garage.

We had 27.4 this morning for a low, the house was still 68 to 69 so no fire this morning. The high I saw today was 60.4.

Popple tonight. Cut split stacked about a year ago. If you cut it green in the spring you can peel the bark pretty easily, often just popping it off with the hammer side of the maul. It seasons in one summer, but burns fast and hot.

Nothing for heat tonight but tomorrow night we have a frost advisory so whatever we have left inside will be used.

It was 35.4 this morning but the pine fire and fire we had with ash splits overnight had the temp up here at 69.

It was -2::C second morning in a row
The pellet stove was brought into action again
Maybe the last time this season (I HOPE)

Last Wed was a whole day of short hot, dull throttle burns in order to rid of the firebox gunk. Next burn will be the end of Sept ~~~~

Last Wed was a whole day of short hot, dull throttle burns in order to rid of the firebox gunk. Next burn will be the end of Sept ~~~~
I think with the cooler weather coming in and with the rain we have today, we'll have a fire or fires tonight and tomorrow night and then it looks like we have a big rise in the temps coming in so hopefully that will be the end of the wood stove fires.

Reactions: Diabel
They're calling for a low of 34, the house temps are 67 to 69 but the wife said she was cold so I made a small pine fire with a few small splits of ash that will be done so I can load up with some ash splits for an overnight fire.

We had 31.4 this morning, we went without a fire this morning. The temps up here were 66 & 67.

The outside temp tonight is 39.9, the liberty has a load of ash and maple going in it for the overnight load. The basement temp was 72 with the temps up here at 68 & 69.

We had 33.4 for an outside temp with the temps up here 68 & 69. We still had some nice coals left but went without a fire since we have warmer temps coming in starting today.

Sunrise! Chasing bruins.

20230515_053414.jpg

45F tonight, which would normally mean lighting the stove. But it's 76F inside right now, due to a warm day, and we have the thermal mass to keep us above 73F thru morning. I think my 2022/23 season is finally done.

It's been a nice cool spring, most days cycling upper 40's to upper 60's, the last few weeks. But I see some 90F's in next week's forecast.

We had 38.2 this morning but it warmed up quick today.