What Is In Your Stove Right Now?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Here in the Mid-Atlantic.. were like 50 days away. I know it doesn't seem like it, but burning is right around the corner. Im super stoked.. I miss sitting by the stove in the morning. I can already tell things are changing. the house is dark and lights need to be turned on in the morning.. the sun is just over the trees now while driving into work.

Reactions: spuldup and Ashful
Way too warm outside to burn. 78 here today. Nights are definitely cooler. It has been perfect pit burning evenings, but I feel guilty (no fire ban here) with all the forest fires all over the continent and Europe. Just dont feel right burning brush outside these days. Some of the people have lost everything ……

Today is the first morning we awoke to a chill. Had a new heat pump installed over the summer so we should save some wood in the shoulder seasons.

We had 61.5 this morning with some rain, hopefully we won't start burning until September 25 or after.

We had 61.5 this morning with some rain, hopefully we won't start burning until September 25 or after.
At 6;10 this morning the outside temp was 8::C or if you
prefer 48.4::F Yesterday morning it was 5::C + 41::F
warmed up in the afternoon and today the same
Hopefully, no burning till the end of September or later
Much later PLEASE

Reactions: thewoodlands
It was 37 here a few mornings ago. The cabin was down to 66 and I came close to a take the chill off fire but I know the sun is still strong enough to warm this up from these chilly mornings. It may get down there again tonight but then the weekend looks to be 90’s. Roller coaster time!

Our swimming pool is still open, although no one used it yesterday or today. Still hoping for a few more warm weekends for swimming and sailing, before firing up any woodstoves.

At 6;10 this morning the outside temp was 8::C or if you
prefer 48.4::F Yesterday morning it was 5::C + 41::F
warmed up in the afternoon and today the same
Hopefully, no burning till the end of September or later
Much later PLEASE
We had 61.5 this morning with a quick half an inch of rain.

The temperature went from 81 two days ago to 61 for a high today. We are getting a few showers and .04" of rain so far today.

It looks like the temps and sun come back after tomorrow, if the forecast holds, the temps will be in the 80's starting around the first week of September until the 12.

It looks like the temps and sun come back after tomorrow, if the forecast holds, the temps will be in the 80's starting around the first week of September until the 12.
Same here

Going to be in the 90s next week in southern NJ

Reactions: Ashful
We had 62.6 this morning with another 5 mm of rain. Tonight we might drop to 39 and the next night around 43 then the warmer weather comes in, that should bring out some bugs.

Wait until next week. I'm seeing several days in the 90's in the forecast.

Wait until next week. I'm seeing several days in the 90's in the forecast.
Usually up here August is real dry but September is very wet, maybe September will be our dry month and warmer than usual.

We had 52 this morning, felt great. Our last day of rain was Wednesday, 17mm.

59 in central NC this morning...love it. Summer is not done; however, it will be mid-90s next week.

We had 64.8 this morning, the temps looks like it will be warm enough we might not burn until the beginning of October.

The temp this morning was 62.4, two more hot days and then hopefully some cooler temps.

Right now in Perth Ontario Canada 34::C = 93.2 ::F
Feels like 50::C = 122 ::F
The hottest we have seen this year
That's too hot for me

s_time 1:16 PM EDT on September 5, 2023 (GMT -4) | Updated 3 hours ago
32° | 19°
34 °C
LIKE 50°
icon

Sunny

N
Today's temperature is forecast to be NEARLY THE SAME

We had 64.9 this morning, the outside temp is 76.6 at the moment.

Our thermometer read 63°F this morning. The forecasted high is 71°F for today.

We are planning to can tomato juice. I've been feeding cottonwood splits into the cookstove, so far. I may use something that burns longer, later -- but maybe not.

92F here, yesterday. Pool is holding 90F, and the sprinkers are running 6.5 to 7.0 hours per day. Gonna be awhile until we’re loading any wood into any stoves, based on this week’s weather.