What Is In Your Stove Right Now?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
The wife said the house was getting cooler so after I took the dog for a walk, we put in enough pine for about four fires. HWHL

The first pine fire is burning down with the second going in before or around 9 tonight.

Our first Frost Advisory.

..FROST ADVISORY IN EFFECT FROM 2 AM TO 8 AM EDT THURSDAY...* WHAT...Temperatures in the lower to mid 30s will result in frost formation.* WHERE...Southeastern St. Lawrence and Southern Franklin Counties.* WHEN...From 2 AM to 8 AM EDT Thursday.* IMPACTS...Frost could kill sensitive outdoor vegetation if left uncovered.* ADDITIONAL DETAILS...Coldest temperatures are expected in sheltered valley locations.

Last edited:
Reactions: Riff
We had 39.2 this morning so we had two quick shoulder season fires, the house is still 70. We might have another two smaller fires tonight but first I'll look at what our low temp will be.

I was thinking about it. But it takes some time for the heat to get upstairs . I have to leave tomorrow. Just put the LP fireplace on. Full sun tomorrow. I have been free hand ripping boards like crazy lately😝.

Reactions: thewoodlands
Still 60's & 70's daytime and mid 40's to upper 50's overnight both at home and the Northwoods for the foreseeable future, so no inside fire's for a while...

We're at 49 tonight with Accu calling for a low of 43. The temps up here were still at 70 but I decided to have a fire tonight, that should get the basement to 75 - 76 before I shut the fan off.

We had 44.2 this morning, we had a nice fire this morning while having coffee. It looks like were in for some nice fall weather so I'm thinking the fires will be done.

It was 48.2 this morning, the house was still 67 to 69 depending on what room you were in so no fire this morning.

Running upper 40's to low 50's overnights here, but the house is still holding 75 - 77F indoors with no heat. Gonna be at least another week or two, here.

We had 46.1 this morning, we did have a lower the humidity in the cellar fire while we had coffee. The temp in the house this morning was 66 to 67.

Hanging out watching the games today. Wet, dreary day keeping house temp at 65. Just started first fire of the season. Was hoping to make it to October.

What Is In Your Stove Right Now?

No fire for me for a while. In the past i usually had eve fires at this time of the fall. I am ok with that. Had a good golf game today.

I’m sinning. I have a Duralog in the open fireplace.
Such a strange weather CT is so much south of us. Just bizarre.

Such a strange weather CT is so much south of us. Just bizarre.
lol. It’s not even cold. It’s like 55 and it’s windy and been raining for days. I just felt like it. 😂

Reactions: Diabel
We had 44.6 this morning, a certain person left the window up overnight so we had a temp of 63 in the house this morning, we used the propane fireplace this morning and once it hit 72 I shut it off.

We had 44.8 this morning with the liberty getting a load of white pine this morning while we had coffee. We're in for a cooler night again so we'll have a fire or two tonight.

On the fence, but might load and light one stove tonight. I've been working on a few jobs that have my computers cranking out a lot of heat, so the office where I spend 90% of my waking hours is warm, but the rest of the house is starting to cool. Trouble is, the stove that heats most of the house is in the office!

I started a fire after the first period of the Sabres vs. Bruins preseason game, we could be in the low 40's tomorrow morning so we'll have another fire while having coffee.

Reactions: HuskyMakk
Interestingly, this thread was started in 2015😳

View attachment 315884
Still the most boring thread on the forum... which none of us can stop watching. ;lol

If my wife caught me actually reading about what species of wood Jay in Litchfield was burning in his wood stove, I might never hear the end of it.

Still the most boring thread on the forum... which none of us can stop watching. ;lol

If my wife caught me actually reading about what species of wood Jay in Litchfield was burning in his wood stove, I might never hear the end of it.
Hahahah! This is good.

Reactions: Jay106n