What Is In Your Stove Right Now?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
We had 54.5 this morning, today and tomorrow are real nice days before the cooler weather with rain arrive.

I will have a fire this weekend😉

Reactions: thewoodlands
We had 65 this morning with the temp at 71 @ 12:21 p.m.

The wind has picked up but nothing real bad with some thunder & lightning starting around 3 today.

My effing pool went up 5F in temperature this week! It's been warm, one of our "Indian summers". It was a good 20F cooler two weeks ago.

All hemlock for me. I do not have a single pine split. I am told pine makes chimney fires😳😳😳😝😝
I'm not sure how much rain your area is in for but the river, streams and brooks will be flowing high and hard here.

.DAYS TWO THROUGH SEVEN...Saturday through Thursday.

A slow-moving cold front will bring periods of moderate to heavy
rain to the North Country Saturday into Saturday night. Rainfall
totals of 2 to 3 inches with locally higher amounts are expected from
the western slopes of the Green Mountains to the Adirondacks. Lower
rainfall amounts of 1 to 1.5 inches are expected for eastern Vermont.
Dry antecedent conditions and modest rainfall rates should limit
overall flooding impacts. Nonetheless, minor flooding is forecast
for the East Branch of the Ausable River. Water levels are also
expected to approach bankfull at Otter Creek and the Winooski River.

I'm not sure how much rain your area is in for but the river, streams and brooks will be flowing high and hard here.

.DAYS TWO THROUGH SEVEN...Saturday through Thursday.

A slow-moving cold front will bring periods of moderate to heavy
rain to the North Country Saturday into Saturday night. Rainfall
totals of 2 to 3 inches with locally higher amounts are expected from
the western slopes of the Green Mountains to the Adirondacks. Lower
rainfall amounts of 1 to 1.5 inches are expected for eastern Vermont.
Dry antecedent conditions and modest rainfall rates should limit
overall flooding impacts. Nonetheless, minor flooding is forecast
for the East Branch of the Ausable River. Water levels are also
expected to approach bankfull at Otter Creek and the Winooski River.
Wow, that is some serious rain. We had rain this morning, actually some sunny breaks this afternoon. It is supposed to start raining at midnight and keep raining for several days.

Wow, that is some serious rain. We had rain this morning, actually some sunny breaks this afternoon. It is supposed to start raining at midnight and keep raining for several days.
NOAA has us getting heavy rains in two or three days.

First fire of the season is lit! 2 pieces of crap wood and a chunk of ash. I couldn't resist and I don't want the baseboards kicking in tonight.

Today the temp is 51.4, we've received 2.5 inches of rain so far. The second load of pine is burning down, hopefully this is the start of the 23-24 heating season.

Got fire going. First of the season. Feels good. Also, it feels like fall today for the first time.

My fire

1st of the season here, not really needed, but the 1st fire is always the most exciting, at least for me, happy and safe burning season everyone

Started off this morning working outside in a tee shirt. By mid-afternoon I was wearing long sleeves, and by dusk a jacket. I wasn't watching the temperature, but it was windy, and the mercury was dropping all day.

We had 42.4 this morning with the temps up here at 65 & 67. We had a fire while having coffee earlier this morning and have a second fire going at the moment, that should get the temps up here at 68.

Last night I didn't have a fire but tonight I will.

The service on my insert got delayed due to the tech getting sick, so waiting for it to get serviced (routine maintenance) before I light one up. If the weather holds that would be this weekend.

We're into heating season, boiler has run the last two mornings. Will be firing our first loads this evening, I think.

Furnace finally turned on last night. Started my first load this morning. Sassafras, pine and oak.

We had 45.7 this morning, the house was still 66 to 68 before coffee from the two fires we had early yesterday and then the one after supper.

The first load is burning down with a second load going in before 11 this morning. We have one day without rain this week and then all bets are off.

It's 46 tonight with the temp up here 69 & 70, a shoulder season fire is going in the Liberty tonight.

We had a temp of 45 this morning, the house temps were 69. The first fire should be done by 10:15 with another planned after 12.