What new wood cookstoves have outdoor makeup air?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

centralVTwoods

Apr 19, 2021
Vermont
Building a new, tight, home and want a wood cooker, that will also heat the place, and has direct outdoor makeup air. Have found J A Roby products where this seems to be standard, a few La Nordicas, and Rizolli which I am not fond of aesthetically. Any advice much appreciated.

I just bought a J.A. Roby Sirius and it is in the back yard "unpacked"--fixing the area for it to be installed in but winter snow set in and delayed me at this time but what do you mean by outside air? I am new at this wood stove burning and have not lit my first fire yet. Welcome to the forum...Mrs. Clancey

They make a fresh air kit for the Heartland Oval and Sweetheart stoves.

I just bought a J.A. Roby Sirius and it is in the back yard "unpacked"--fixing the area for it to be installed in but winter snow set in and delayed me at this time but what do you mean by outside air? I am new at this wood stove burning and have not lit my first fire yet. Welcome to the forum...Mrs. Clancey
You can have air piped directly from the outdoors into your woodstove to fuel the fire. If not used, the stove fuels itself with the air inside your house. In a very tight house if you do not have a makeup air system sufficient for fueling the stove it can create negative pressure in the home.