What pellet insert do you have?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Chris1309

Sep 5, 2017
ohio
Changed our minds and thinking about the Lopi AGP pellet insert instead of a wood insert. Anyone have any recent experience with this unit and how do you like it? This is the first one we looked at. The only other local dealer is Regency. Whats everyone's thoughts?

Changed our minds and thinking about the Lopi AGP pellet insert instead of a wood insert. Anyone have any recent experience with this unit and how do you like it? This is the first one we looked at. The only other local dealer is Regency. Whats everyone's thoughts?
Hi Chris, no knowledge about either stove. One bit of advice for any pellet stove insert is to get a "Rail Kit" This will make every type of service and maintenance MUCH easier. My kit was about $125 new but you can pick up used for half that. I am assuming that both these fine stoves have such a kit! Good luck, Bill

Reactions: Chris1309
I have the agp insert.. no problem pulling it out every year, heats my upper floor (bi-level house) 1600 sq ft very well and warm, runs off a thermostat well .. so far no major issues

Hi Chris, no knowledge about either stove. One bit of advice for any pellet stove insert is to get a "Rail Kit" This will make every type of service and maintenance MUCH easier. My kit was about $125 new but you can pick up used for half that. I am assuming that both these fine stoves have such a kit! Good luck, Bill
Hey Chris I agree with Boston if you have nice tile or fancy flooring near the stove when you pull it out on rails it won't scratch up things,and is easier to pull out, now if the flooring isn't and issue like a basement sliding on concrete floor no worries about scrapes.