zmann96 Posted By zmann96, Nov 2, 2018 at 6:16 PM

1. zmann96

zmann96
    New Member 2.
    NULL

Oct 21, 2018
    Loc:
    Gilford, New Hampshire
    I live in the Lake Region of New Hampshire. All I can find is pellets at either Lowes or Homedepot. Does anyone know where I can get a couple of pallets? looking for around 8500 btu with low ash.

2. sandpipe

sandpipe
    Member 2.
    NULL

Feb 24, 2010
    Loc:
    Massachusetts
    I know the Keene NH HD had Fireside Ultras which have been pretty good in the past. I haven't tested out this year's batch though. If you can find Green Supremes at a HD or Lowes that might work for you as they have very low ash this year as far as the one's I have picked up.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. SininStyle

SininStyle
    Member 2.
    NULL

Mar 8, 2013
    I heard HD bought up a bunch of stove chow of pretty crap quality as they are going out of business. So they are peddling it at the same price as everything else for generic orders. Rochester is pushing firesides, not very close but if you scope out the back of the building to see what they have you could make sure they dont have a over stock of stove chow. Could order over the phone and insist on fireside.
    (no idea how good the info is on stove chow going under)

4. sandpipe

sandpipe
    Member 2.
    NULL

Feb 24, 2010
    Loc:
    Massachusetts
    It's tricky ordering a specific pellet of choice for delivery from HD. If you are not adamant about a particular pellet from a particular store they will just deliver whatever they have from the store closest to you.

The Stove Chow are super high ash. If you can find Green Supreme from Lignetics (check sku) they are very low ash.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Peterfield

Peterfield
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Dec 12, 2013
    Loc:
    New Hampshire
    Green Supreme is a lot of things but low ash isn’t one of them. I’m not knocking Green Supreme but there are several brands out there with far less ash. As far as I am concerned, all pellets produce far less ash than my former wood stove so no matter what brand of pellets I use, I’m way ahead of the game as far as ash is concerned.

Jack Morrissey likes this.
  6. redbill

redbill
    Member 2.
    NULL

Jan 15, 2015
    Loc:
    Massachusetts
    they were a real PITA for me this year. I go to Leominster to order, and I check all the pallets out back first and only find FireSide Ultra. So when I order I say I want Fireside Ultra, and he says that's all they have, so yup. Then the delivery shows up and its Green Supremes because they sent from somewhere else, so I didn't accept them. Then they reschedule and cancel, reschedule again and don't show up, finally the 4th try they got it right, by sending from Nashua, even though Leominster still has a parking lot full of Fireside Ultras...

7. sandpipe

sandpipe
    Member 2.
    NULL

Feb 24, 2010
    Loc:
    Massachusetts
    Pellets with high ash have been a big annoyance for me in the past-- dumping almost twice as often as a low ash pellet. And also almost twice as much vacuuming of the stove.

The Green Supremes you are talking about must be from last year unless our definitions of what constitutes a low ash pellet are radically different.

8. dlavigne7324

dlavigne7324
    Feeling the Heat 2.
    NULL

Dec 30, 2013
    How far are you from Alton ? At the traffic circle there’s a hardware store that carries high end pellets

9. Havilcek stole the ball

Havilcek stole the ball
    Member 2.
    NULL

Feb 8, 2014
    Loc:
    South Shore, MA
    On the FSU's, this year's pellets are burning just fine. And it is true that you have to be really specific about getting that brand delivered, and not some other brand. The store I dealt with was good about it, and found a way to make sure that my delivery would be fulfilled by that store instead of some other. It had to do with their own scheduling - if my delivery date was on a day they were maxed out, it would bump into some other location.