What should I replace my Wonderlux B2350 with

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Dlasure2

Jul 6, 2016
south west pa
First a little bit of information about my setup. I have a 1860's farmhouse that is roughly 2200 sqft. I also have a 35' chimney that I just lined with 6" smooth wall stainless pipe that I also wrapped with 1" #8 ceramic fiber insulation.
Now onto the wood burner I have a Wonderlux B2350 with a flu damper. My basic setup from the stove to liner is a elbow out of the burner then a 2' section of pipe with a damper then a second elbow into the chimney liner.
Now to my problem
I loved the stove when it was in the garage it would roast me out of there and I did not mind filling it every couple of hours but now that it is in the house and I am trying to achieve longer burn times I am getting frustrated quickly. I fill the stove up with split cherry or oak and close the damper completely and I can only get about 4 to 5 hours before the stove is out. My next problem is the grate just broke and the blower is making a terrible noise so it is on the way out and I truly do not feel like throwing $500 at a stove I am not happy with. So I am turning to you for help on what would be a good replacement for my Wonderlux. I have a neighbor that is trying to steer me into a Hotblast but I am not sold on them.

For your setup I would recommend grabbing an Englander 30NC at Home Depot for $999, it is one of the cheapest good value stoves out there. Sometimes you can get coupons to get the price down at HD. You won't find anything for $500 that is of any quality and burns clean this time of year unless you come across an amazing deal on CL for a used stove.

Reactions: Jan Pijpelink
x2 on the 30NC, best bang for your buck.

No argument about the value of the 30-NC. It is a proven workhorse. There are some other options from Drolet that are also worth considering like the HT-2000 and the Baltic II or Myriad II.

No argument about the value of the 30-NC. It is a proven workhorse. There are some other options from Drolet that are also worth considering like the HT-2000 and the Baltic II or Myriad II.
What kind of burn time can I expect with the 30-NC I would love to go to bed at 10:30 and still have fire at 6:00

After you get used to running the 30 you can have usable heat eight or nine hours after loading. That includes time getting up to cruising temp and down to a coal bed. With that chimney you are going to need a flue damper and practice to keep the saddle on the running horse for sure.

Heat loss is going to be your problem in that old house.

Reactions: begreen
I have actually been going through the house with closed-cell foam in the basement sealing the band board and I've been studing out the walls in the upstairs and filling the cavity with rockwool so the house is becoming fairly tight I have also installed triple pane windows in half the house and will probably finish that job in the spring. Don't get me wrong I still have a lot of insulating to do but the place is fairly tight for 160 year old house. I have a manual flue dampner now are there better options available?

Well I went and looked at the Englander 30-NC and I was impressed that it was made in the USA! While I was there another stove really caught my eye it was also an Englander. The model was wood 28-4000. It was a 3000 SQFT add on furnace. There was really no info on this stove other than it was for 3000 square feet. does anybody know the btu output or how long it will burn I believe the sign said 3.5 cubic foot fire box

Last edited:
Well I went and looked at the Englander 30-NC and I was impressed that it was made in the USA! While I was there another stove really caught my eye it was also an Englander. The model was wood 28-4000. It was a 3000 BTU add on furnace. There was really no info on this stove other than it was for 3000 square feet. does anybody know the btu output or how long it will burn I believe the sign said 3.5 cubic foot fire box
The 28-4000 is a 30-NC in a furnace box. Note that when the marketing says 3000 sq ft, they mean connected to existing ductwork and they are not saying in what in region or at what outside temperature.

Last edited: