What snap disc turns QUAD CB1200 on?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

crf450ish

Sep 15, 2015
When I turn the thermostat up...goes click, stove goes click, combustion fan turns on....call light stays off. I turn thermostat off then back on a few times then call light comes on. I know its a snap disc, but which one? Quad part #?

Thank you! :cool:

When I turn the thermostat up...goes click, stove goes click, combustion fan turns on....call light stays off. I turn thermostat off then back on a few times then call light comes on. I know its a snap disc, but which one? Quad part #?

Thank you! :cool:

Not so sure it is a snap disk. The call light should come on before the combustion fan. However, take the thermostat out of the equation by first putting a jumper across the terminals and see if the stove works properly then. If so, it is your thermostat. If not, then we can troubleshoot further.

Not so sure it is a snap disk. The call light should come on before the combustion fan. However, take the thermostat out of the equation by first putting a jumper across the terminals and see if the stove works properly then. If so, it is your thermostat. If not, then we can troubleshoot further.

I will do that. But what could it be?

Could be a balky relay on the control board - if there is one. This is a typical symptom of such. You could try tapping the board (not TOO hard, but firmly) when you first hit the thermostat. Could also be a flaky connection on or to the board.