what stove do i own?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gennabelle

Oct 7, 2015
Dousman, WI
What model of stove do i own? Just bought a house with this stove.

Also how do i get glass doors.....is there a way to replace these doors to have glass one's?

Attachments

• 20150903_153017.jpg
    20150903_153017.jpg
    182.7 KB · Views: 319
I believe it is a Fisher Goldilocks stove. I don't know if you can get glass doors for it.

Looks like a second generation Fisher Grandma to me.

Grandma or Grandpa III with Fireplace legs. 5 bricks across back is Grandma, 6 bricks across is Grandpa.
Manual is here;
https://www.hearth.com/images/uploads/fischermanual.pdf

The glass door version is a different stove body with air intakes on the sides and front air wash below doors with sliders. You can't add glass doors to a stove not made for them.

Goldilocks is a (6 inch top vented) pedestal type stove, much smaller than the stove pictured. They were not available with glass doors since the air wash would use indoor air which is not allowed on a mobile home certified stove.

Status
Not open for further replies.