bostonfan49 Posted By bostonfan49, Jan 12, 2016 at 8:23 AM

1. alternativeheat

alternativeheat
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Dec 19, 2013
    Loc:
    Cape Cod, Ma.
    Don't burst his bubble, let him start this 500 grand payout on Cape Cod LOL !

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    Cory S likes this.
  2. Zkx14

Zkx14
    Member 2.
    NULL

Dec 31, 2015
    Loc:
    South Central PA
    I'd give a lot away, but not to causes or organizations. Too much of that never gets to where it is supposed to. I'd just hand it out as I saw the need. Of course I would start with the 'needs' of myself, family and friends

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. womaus

womaus
    Feeling the Heat 2.
    NULL

Oct 25, 2015
    Loc:
    Central MA
    Be sure to add on 41¢ each for each dollar you mail out. And yeah, mail out dollars, checks would cost a bit extra. Oh yeah, and envelopes. And pens. And physician fees for carpal tunnel syndrome.

Damn, there goes the profit.

*EDIT* Whoops I meant a 49¢ stamp per envelope.

4. fossil

fossil
    Accidental Moderator 2.
    NULL

Sep 30, 2007
    Loc:
    Bend, OR
    I'm not telling you or anybody else.

alternativeheat and Lake Girl like this.
  5. John Fortier

John Fortier
    Feeling the Heat 2.
    NULL

Sep 29, 2013
    I would take my mother shopping...then...make her put everything back.;)

SXIPro likes this.
  6. womaus

womaus
    Feeling the Heat 2.
    NULL

Oct 25, 2015
    Loc:
    Central MA
    I'm betting you'd be seeing a lot of all of us...

7. Zkx14

Zkx14
    Member 2.
    NULL

Dec 31, 2015
    Loc:
    South Central PA
    Oops, phone hiccupped and did a double post.

8. Lake Girl

Lake Girl
    Moderator 2.
    NULL

Nov 12, 2011
    Loc:
    NW Ontario
    Wait, Wait ... I'll move just tell me where:)

9. womaus

womaus
    Feeling the Heat 2.
    NULL

Oct 25, 2015
    Loc:
    Central MA
    The $500 grand will be the deposit on the house on the Cape when you move...you'll need a lot more.

10. Lake Girl

Lake Girl
    Moderator 2.
    NULL

Nov 12, 2011
    Loc:
    NW Ontario
    Like a lot of the sought after properties here...

11. alternativeheat

alternativeheat
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Dec 19, 2013
    Loc:
    Cape Cod, Ma.
    Nah she can always rent, collect the stash and run back up to the north lands, better off up there anyway !

12. FirepotPete

FirepotPete
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Oct 25, 2010
    Loc:
    Titletown U.S.A
    That is some bad math. If you gave ever person is America just $1 you would be at $322 Million, never mind giving them half a million bucks each.

Finally a winner! I was wondering how long it would take. I only did it because I've seen it posted/reported before. I don't have to worry about it though, I don't play the lottery! :)

Shane1 and Lake Girl like this.
  13. alternativeheat

alternativeheat
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Dec 19, 2013
    Loc:
    Cape Cod, Ma.
    I don't play it either LOL ! If I was meant to be rich I would be but it's perfectly clear to me that I was meant for means just about sufficient for my needs ...

FirepotPete likes this.
  14. drz1050

drz1050
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Sep 11, 2014
    Loc:
    Ballston Lake, NY
    I bought a ticket tonight... I've spent $6 on worse things.

First thing I would do? Drive to FL to claim it, no state income tax there.

15. alternativeheat

alternativeheat
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Dec 19, 2013
    Loc:
    Cape Cod, Ma.
    i
    I wish all the luck in the world with it !

16. Dr.Faustus

Dr.Faustus
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Dec 12, 2010
    Loc:
    Hyde Park, N.Y.
    I would buy a medium sized house in hawaii, or some other place that never has bad weather and live my regular life, except just my wife and I would never work again. Not just job work, but no lawn care, home repair, cleaning etc.

17. chken

chken
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Dec 7, 2013
    Loc:
    Maine
    Ha, I didn't want to spoil your dream. Then, I thought maybe you're one of those people who only believe Americans are native Americans. Either way, I thought I'd just let you enjoy your dream for a day or so, cause that's what buying a lottery ticket is, a right to dream a little.

FirepotPete likes this.
  18. twodogs02

twodogs02
    Burning Hunk 2.
    NULL

Nov 30, 2013
    Move some place warm, hand my house over to someone in need. Build off the grid, enrich others discretely

19. womaus

womaus
    Feeling the Heat 2.
    NULL

Oct 25, 2015
    Loc:
    Central MA
    Sitting here watching the State of the Union, browsing the web, ended up on nytimes.com.

Some guy gives this idea, if he won:

1. Take the lump sum.
    2. Rent hotel penthouse.
    3. Become recluse.
    4. Wear tissue boxes on feet.

That would work for me. I'd consider growing my fingernails out too.

20. drz1050

drz1050
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Sep 11, 2014
    Loc:
    Ballston Lake, NY
    For those that say you'd remain anonymous: good luck.... it states in the bylaws that you have to take a picture with the check and they do a press release with your name.

In other words, wear a disguise and use your initials.

21. womaus

womaus
    Feeling the Heat 2.
    NULL

Oct 25, 2015
    Loc:
    Central MA
    Some states allow anonymity.

And some states don't take state taxes out of it.

22. Boom

Boom
    Member 2.
    NULL

Feb 16, 2010
    Loc:
    Lake Arrowhead, CA
    If I gave one dollar ($1.00) to every american citizen It would cost me $300,225,390US*. How can you give each half a million unless you have very deep pockets now? However if you distributed to all pellet forum members... ;)

*this figure discounts the 7% non citizens in our population.

23. womaus

womaus
    Feeling the Heat 2.
    NULL

Oct 25, 2015
    Loc:
    Central MA
    Where's your compassion? They have needs too.

24. DougA

DougA
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Dec 13, 2012
    Loc:
    S. ON
    Would you pee into milk bottles too? HH did.

25. BIGDADDY

BIGDADDY
    Feeling the Heat 2.
    NULL

May 17, 2012
    You realize there are 300 million Americans so you would need a lot more money then 600 million to give 500,000 to 300 million people. You could give one dollar and 66 cents to 300 million Americans with 500 million of your pretend money and I could be your accountant cause your lousy with numbers!!

Mark_ms likes this.