What would you do with the 1.4 billion? form

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bostonfan49

Minister of Fire
Nov 10, 2011
Essex Jct. Vermont
I would keep 20-25 %, give the rest away through a charitable foundation or non-profit. On the fun side.......form a professional baseball team and challenge all the majors to contests....:)

I would hire somebody to tend and maintain the stove. And send updates to me. In Bermuda.

Disappear. So many bad things happen to the really big winners.

My family and I would vanish.

Take care of family and friends then get the heck out of the auto industry

Reactions: AGPNY and Cory S
I would keep 20-25 %, give the rest away through a charitable foundation or non-profit. On the fun side.......form a professional baseball team and challenge all the majors to contests....:)
I'm the alternativeheat charity foundation, totally non profit and will forward a deposit slip to you. LOL ! You can keep the rather generous smaller portion, we will make good use of the rest. Not to quote anyone in particular but: " I promise you"..

Reactions: bogieb
If I won $1.4 billion?

I would immediately give 70% of the winnings to the government.

I think most of you will too....

I would pay off some of my credit cards:)

Reactions: Shane1
I would buy another Harman, of course I would have to add a little of my own money to cover the cost.

Now, I know this sounds extravagant and very generous, but if I win I'll give you my Harman. And I'll deliver it personally when I'm well on my way to a place that will not need a pellet stove.

Reactions: alternativeheat
Stay anonymous (a non-descriptive trust with a corporate trustee).
Anonymously help bunches of family, friends and deserving charities.
Purchase 100,000+ acres somewhere (tbd).
Build a super efficient off-grid home in the middle.
My wife on the other hand....

Reactions: dleeallen
Purchase 100,000+ acres somewhere (tbd).
Build a super efficient off-grid home in the middle.
I like that idea! The latest bill from Hydro One announces all the upcoming bill changes ... Debt retirement down but more than made up for in increases in delivery charges. Tired of that shell game ... delivery charges are about equal to usage charges:mad: Sick of the homeowners insurance scheme too...

An island, Jessica Alba, Megan Fox, a fleet of Carbon DVX1200s, a bunch of boats, bottomless kegs of rum, and endless prime rib and Maine lobster.

Reactions: Cory S and drz1050
An island, Jessica Alba, Megan Fox, a fleet of Carbon DVX1200s, a bunch of boats, bottomless kegs of rum, and endless prime rib and Maine lobster.
You'll be dead in less than five years , if one of those women don't kill you first !!

Gal with the local FOX station stuck a mic in a guys face while he was writing down his numbers and asked him what he would do with the money. Instant answer: "Lots of hookers and cocaine.".

Got rid of her fast.

And your point is?????........???????
Maybe you would like to donate a portion of the left overs to my alternativeheat non profit charity, I'm giving away deposit slips, should the unthinkable happen LOL.

Gal with the local FOX station stuck a mic in a guys face while he was writing down his numbers and asked him what he would do with the money. Instant answer: "Lots of hookers and cocaine.".

Got rid of her fast.

That whole interview has gone viral. It was pretty interesting and the guy looked just shady enough to take him seriously.

Right now they are saying the cash out option would get you $1 billion. Take approx 40% for taxes that leaves $600 mil. I'd give $500,000 to every American citizen, that would be under $200 mil, I would hope then that people wouldn't bug ya any further and I could easily live off the rest, my needs aren't great I'd still keep it as simple as possible. Might splurge on some new ice fishing equipment.

Right now they are saying the cash out option would get you $1 billion. Take approx 40% for taxes that leaves $600 mil. I'd give $500,000 to every American citizen, that would be under $200 mil, I would hope then that people wouldn't bug ya any further and I could easily live off the rest, my needs aren't great I'd still keep it as simple as possible. Might splurge on some new ice fishing equipment.

I am always amazed at people who say this... Any idea what that would do to inflation?

Not to derail... I would be set up on an island somewhere and you would never see me in a pair of shoes or long pants ever again. I would set up trust funds for the rest of the family and donate a good portion to charity and probably never be heard from again.

After winning, now that I could afford to live without worry of bills, I'd probably build a place and get completely off the grid.... just my way of sticking to the man!

I am always amazed at people who say this... Any idea what that would do to inflation?

Not to derail... I would be set up on an island somewhere and you would never see me in a pair of shoes or long pants ever again. I would set up trust funds for the rest of the family and donate a good portion to charity and probably never be heard from again.
How could you possibly derail a thread as preposterous as this one is ? Doesn't "anything go" in this thread ?

That is some bad math. If you gave every person is America just $1 you would be at $322 Million, never mind giving them half a million bucks each.

Last edited:
That whole interview has gone viral. It was pretty interesting and the guy looked just shady enough to take him seriously.

Yeah I just checked. The local station ran it but I missed that it was in Las Vegas.

Status
Not open for further replies.