whats a 2005 harman accentra insert worth?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

oldmountvernon

Minister of Fire
Oct 27, 2011
SE Mass
found a used one just curious

new one is close to $4K...I'd think anything under $2500 is a deal, assuming its in decent shape. I'm sure a good number of people would pay more than that for the same.....but that doesn't mean you should;)

i saw those but they are not inserts, I would of snagged it in a heart beat if it wanst an insert. dont have a fireplace, would have to build something for it i suppose

i saw those but they are not inserts, I would of snagged it in a heart beat if it wanst an insert. dont have a fireplace, would have to build something for it i suppose

Not sure I understand what you are saying? Those Free Standing stoves can be installed ANYWHERE! An insert has to go into a fireplace and is a more expensive install with a SS liner and all!

Exactly if it was a free standing accentra i would have bought it without a second thought.
Seeing i dont have a fireplace an insert is useless to me right?
Has anyone made a surrounding for an insert ? to make it a freestanding unit
or made a fake fireplace against the wall and just use a regular straight out vent ?

Exactly if it was a free standing accentra i would have bought it without a second thought.
Seeing i dont have a fireplace an insert is useless to me right?
Has anyone made a surrounding for an insert ? to make it a freestanding unit
or made a fake fireplace against the wall and just use a regular straight out vent ?

An insert is useless if you do not have a fireplace. Sure you can make a fake fireplace for it and maybe get some type of surround for it. However why go thru all that expense and trouble? Insert stoves usually have smaller hoppers and are harder to work on!

I am glad I do not have a fireplace, I just made a nice raised hearth and put a Free Standing Pellet Stove on it.

Attachments

• AvalonAstoriaAtNightsc.jpg
    AvalonAstoriaAtNightsc.jpg
    7.1 KB · Views: 155
An insert is useless if you do not have a fireplace. Sure you can make a fake fireplace for it and maybe get some type of surround for it. However why go thru all that expense and trouble? Insert stoves usually have smaller hoppers and are harder to work on!

I am glad I do not have a fireplace, I just made a nice raised hearth and put a Free Standing Pellet Stove on it.
Ya i know i just hate to leave a Harman accentra behind for under 1k :)

Ya i know i just hate to leave a Harman accentra behind for under 1k :)

Yea, I know what ya mean but if it is not good for what you need it is not worth anything. I see good stoves that seam to be a real bargain but if they do not have an ignitor then it is not worth it to me!

I know Harmans are real good stoves but there are alot more better bargains on other stoves that will heat just as good!

I'm not interested, but it made me curious:
How high can the exhaust go on a pellet stove, 30'?
I was looking at a Harman boiler and it said to keep the run low because of the low exhaust temp.

What OMV is asking..... Is if the Harman insert can be installed in a Zero clearance box... A "fake fireplace" that he can put the Accentra in amd still do an OAK and exhaust "Direct vent".....????

What says the pro's?????? I am to lazy to read the manual....

Reactions: smoke show
What does OMV mean?

Glad I am not the only one wondering that!

FWIW, if you can get a NEW accentra insert for $4k, why pay only $1500 less for a 6 year old stove and you don't know the maintenance history? Seems high to me.

What does OMV mean?

OMV = "Old Mount Vernon".

He is the OP. He bought a non AE Vernon last yr, only to turn around and sell it within a couple weeks. Then bought a new AE. Then within 1 season, he bought nearly 30 ton worth of fuel........ Impulse buyer? Maybe...

Either way, when this OMV fella starts to look at buyin something????? Look out... Cause he aint just buying one.;)

!! (There seems to be shortage of pellets in his immediate area???) !!

(Just ribbin ya OMV, I am as big an Impulse buyer. The wife hates it ;))

Glad I am not the only one wondering that!

FWIW, if you can get a NEW accentra insert for $4k, why pay only $1500 less for a 6 year old stove and you don't know the maintenance history? Seems high to me.

I think the Accentra OMV was looking at, is considerably less than $2500. Thats just a little of my insider info ;)
That $2,500 number was thrown out there as a good average price to purchase one. The stove in question is half that number. Wish I lived closer :(

What???? Who is selling pellets????? Where??? :eek:

Reactions: DexterDay
Status
Not open for further replies.